Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Soon Is Too Soon To Ask For A CLI?

tag
tyhollin
Valued Member

How Soon Is Too Soon To Ask For A CLI?

I've had the Capital One QuickSilverOne for 2 months now with a $1000 credit line. I use it to pay all my bills. The problem is I have to pay it off sometimes twice per week to keep my balance under 30%. I will get an auto CLI with this particular card in about three months, but I'm tired of having to pay it off so frequently.

Have any of you had success getting Cap1 to give you a credit line increase after only a couple months? I have another secured card with them for 3 years and have a perfect 100% on time payment history with them.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How Soon Is Too Soon To Ask For A CLI?

@tyhollin wrote:
I've had the Capital One QuickSilverOne for 2 months now with a $1000 credit line. I use it to pay all my bills. The problem is I have to pay it off sometimes twice per week to keep my balance under 30%. I will get an auto CLI with this particular card in about three months, but I'm tired of having to pay it off so frequently.

Have any of you had success getting Cap1 to give you a credit line increase after only a couple months? I have another secured card with them for 3 years and have a perfect 100% on time payment history with them.

With Cap-1 its 6 months between CLIs unless you contact the EO. You can use the full line during the month just dont let it report more than 30%. I used to run 2500/mo thru a 500 Cap-1. Personally I would wait for them to give you your credit steps CLI there typically isnt much success unless this has happened first.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.