Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To PFD Process?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How To PFD Process?

I have a property debt in the amount of roughly $5500($3643 original debt) that is now at the SOL limit as of this month. I would like to attempt a settlement for less now that they know they cannot take me to court and am hoping to set up a PFD. I have heard that if you say certain things it will restart the debt clock and don't want that to happen since the debt is off my credit report in a 1.5 years anyway.

How would I go about contacting the collection agency about a PFD? What would I say? Any sample letters? 

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How To PFD Process?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a property debt in the amount of roughly $5500($3643 original debt) that is now at the SOL limit as of this month. I would like to attempt a settlement for less now that they know they cannot take me to court and am hoping to set up a PFD. I have heard that if you say certain things it will restart the debt clock and don't want that to happen since the debt is off my credit report in a 1.5 years anyway.

How would I go about contacting the collection agency about a PFD? What would I say? Any sample letters? 

Thanks for any help!

Property debt???? are we talking real property tax debt that has a lien with a CA trying to collect??

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

A rental lease that was never taken off as it was supposed to be. I don't have paperwork as I never thought I would need to keep it and neither do they, conveniently.

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

A rental lease that was never taken off as it was supposed to be. I don't have paperwork as I never thought I would need to keep it and neither do they, conveniently.

OK best thing I can tell you is to look up in your states laws what can reset the SOL before contacting anyone on this. Knowledge is power. I will also give you the links to PFD info here and you can read up on how to best approach it. Make sure that it in fact is past SOL before contacting them.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.