cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Remove Midland Credit Management (easy!)

tag
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

How To Remove Midland Credit Management (easy!)

So, as I browse these boards I notice that A LOT of people have trouble with Midland Credit Management... I have successfully removed them from all 3 bureaus very easily... I have written the same letter to all 3 bureaus and all 3 have promptly removed midland... including TransUnion which can be a pain to work with on removing Collections...

To Whom It May Concern,

Thank you for taking the time to review my file and to help me with this matter of dealing with Midland Credit Management. To date, Midland has a poor track record in regards to its collection tactics which have resulted in fines from the United States Government and from individual states as well. As of this year Midland has had to pay close to one million dollars in fines and penalties due to their unlawful business procedures which violate the consumer’s rights. Their illegal actions have caused thousands upon thousands of consumer’s credit files to be tainted with negative remarks which includes myself. Please remove Midland Credit Management from my file so that I can restore my credit and good name back to where it once was. I thank you one again for your time and I look forward to having Midland Credit Management removed from my credit file.

Sincerely,

Consumer Name

Thats the letter i sent out to all 3 bureaus and all 3 promptly removed the collection from my file... Its a simple and easy solution to a company who has caused a lot of damage for a lot of consumers credit files. All you need to do is state the FACTS because thats all the bureaus care about.. Give them the facts about midland and they will give you a clean report.

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84
needbettercredit88
Valued Member

Re: How To Remove Midland Credit Management (easy!)

congrats! I currently have them on my report 3 times and will def try this. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 85
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@needbettercredit88 wrote:

congrats! I currently have them on my report 3 times and will def try this. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Thanks and no problem! Good Luck! and let us know how it works out for you

Message 3 of 85
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

Hmm...I've tried to BBB Midland and they have continued to fight it. How fast was the turn around? Did any of the bureaus contact you? Has Midland contacted you or put it back on your credit report? It's kinda odd that the CRA would remove their reportings from a letter from the consumer. Call me skeptical!

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 4 of 85
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@snsforever916 wrote:

Hmm...I've tried to BBB Midland and they have continued to fight it. How fast was the turn around? Did any of the bureaus contact you? Has Midland contacted you or put it back on your credit report? It's kinda odd that the CRA would remove their reportings from a letter from the consumer. Call me skeptical!

The turn around was about 2 weeks for Transunion.. 3 weeks for Experian and 3 weeks for Equifax... They have all remained off of my Credit Report.. None of the Bureaus contacted me other than to tell me that Midland was deleted from my report.  Remember i sent that letter to the Bureaus.. TransUnion, Equifax and Experian.. NOT to Midland.. The Bureaus can remove anything they see fit to given enough evidence it should be deleted.

Message 5 of 85
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@snsforever916 wrote:

The turn around was about 2 weeks for Transunion.. 3 weeks for Experian and 3 weeks for Equifax... They have all remained off of my Credit Report.. None of the Bureaus contacted me other than to tell me that Midland was deleted from my report.  Remember i sent that letter to the Bureaus.. TransUnion, Equifax and Experian.. NOT to Midland.. The Bureaus can remove anything they see fit to given enough evidence it should be deleted.

Also, I should note that i sent my letter in with a copy of that particular bureaus dispute report. I filled out the dispute report and printed it out and attached my letter.

Message 6 of 85
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@snsforever916 wrote:

Also, I should note that i sent my letter in with a copy of that particular bureaus dispute report. I filled out the dispute report and printed it out and attached my letter.

Thanks, Okay...so technically you disputed Midland. I tried that intially and all they did was verify. Midland is the worst. They will fight tooth and nail! They will be on my report until June 2015...sadly they will stay there until they fall off. They want nearly 1200 for a $300 charged off credit card. Yeah, that's never going to happen.  I am contemplating contacting Cap1(original creditor). I've tried that in the past and they wouldn't agree. Now that it's aged a bit...they just may!

Well, i'll try your route. I guess it couldn't hurt!

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 7 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

This sounds too good too be true...But I have my letter ready and I am mailing it! I really hope this works. I've been going around and around with them for months! Thanks for the tip! 

Message 8 of 85
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This sounds too good too be true...But I have my letter ready and I am mailing it! I really hope this works. I've been going around and around with them for months! Thanks for the tip! 

Send it out!!! and good luck! let us know what happens!

Message 9 of 85
DubbaYou
Valued Member

Has anyone had any luck with this?  I can't get Midland to respond to my PFDs or DVs.  I need help with them and am contemplating filing in small claims court because then they would have to answer.

Message 10 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.