cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Remove Midland Credit Management (easy!)

tag
SHuck

Re: How To Remove Midland Credit Management (easy!)

BY LAW Y7OU DO NOT HAVE TO ASSIST THEM AND ONCE THE ALLOTTED TIME IS EXPIRED IF THEY HAVE NOT SENT PROOF IT WILL HAVE TO BE REMOVED. IF IT HASNT I WOULD FORWARD THAT LETTER AND ANY OTHERS TO THE  CR.

Message 31 of 85
lks638
New Contributor

I got the same letter... like they were telling me it was my responsibility to do their job for them.

I am trying to figure out how I can spin this to work in my favor.

Message 32 of 85
Cynthia1123
Contributor

bump

My Fico Score :554 (07/26/13)
Goal:720

Message 33 of 85
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

I'm curious if Midland was outside the SOL on OPs reports. I just don't see them giving in like that lol sorry.
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 34 of 85
Jas81
New Visitor

Mcm has been sending me a letter for a couple years. They don't say who the debt is originally from. Just that I have to pay them. I always ignore it. No phone calls. But they aren't on my credit reports either. I have no idea what the debt could even be from. It is sent under my nickname, not my actual name. It's really weird.

I did have an issue with a collection agency trying to get money on a debt that wasn't even mine. It was on my credit report. I sent letters to the bureaus and they took it off right away so I definitely suggest doing that.
Message 35 of 85
AikoFico
New Visitor

@jmco wrote:

I am in New Jersey and Midland bought several of my collection accounts and used a firm here in NJ to collect them all.  I have paid the firm on most but it seems like

Midland keeps buying my old debt because I just got a letter in the mail this week about 2 more (I only have about 5 more accounts left unpaid, everything else has been PIF or settled in the last 3 years).  Dealing with the law firm is easy and since they are familiar with my name they know I will eventually pay the debt.  Right now I am

on a payment plan of $50 and $75 a month until I get my tax return in March and then I will just settle with the law firm.  The debt is 1200 & 2300.  I joked with the law firm saying they are making lots of money from me....my contact just laughed.  At the end of the day the debt is mine, I won't fight it but I also can't pay it out right so the payment

plan works. I never wanted to deal with a law firm putting a judgement out there or taking my pay check.  Now I just wish Midland would delete all the paid accounts!!

UGH!!!

of course they keep buying your accounts.... you keep giving them money. You are their ideal customer. Midland is one of the easiest junk debt buyers to beat in court and i dont recommend giving thema dime for the acount they bought for pennies on the dollar, and dont even have clear title to.

Message 36 of 85
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

I think I may try to send the MCM information request letter to the CRAs with a personalized letter. Explaining that the account is already in dispute......I request that they be removed because they never validated ANY information. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 37 of 85
guiness56
Epic Contributor

A CA is not required to validate nor remove an account from your CR if they don't.  In all likelihood, the CRA will not care either.

Message 38 of 85
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

A CA is not required to validate nor remove an account from your CR if they don't.  In all likelihood, the CRA will not care either.

Thanks guiness56....just took the wind out of my sails...LOL!!!!  

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 39 of 85
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 40 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.