cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Remove Midland Credit Management (easy!)

tag
veebbyxoxo

Re: How To Remove Midland Credit Management (easy!)

yup came right  off....

Message 51 of 85
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

So, as I browse these boards I notice that A LOT of people have trouble with Midland Credit Management... I have successfully removed them from all 3 bureaus very easily... I have written the same letter to all 3 bureaus and all 3 have promptly removed midland... including TransUnion which can be a pain to work with on removing Collections...

To Whom It May Concern,

Thank you for taking the time to review my file and to help me with this matter of dealing with Midland Credit Management. To date, Midland has a poor track record in regards to its collection tactics which have resulted in fines from the United States Government and from individual states as well. As of this year Midland has had to pay close to one million dollars in fines and penalties due to their unlawful business procedures which violate the consumer’s rights. Their illegal actions have caused thousands upon thousands of consumer’s credit files to be tainted with negative remarks which includes myself. Please remove Midland Credit Management from my file so that I can restore my credit and good name back to where it once was. I thank you one again for your time and I look forward to having Midland Credit Management removed from my credit file.

Sincerely,

Consumer Name

Thats the letter i sent out to all 3 bureaus and all 3 promptly removed the collection from my file... Its a simple and easy solution to a company who has caused a lot of damage for a lot of consumers credit files. All you need to do is state the FACTS because thats all the bureaus care about.. Give them the facts about midland and they will give you a clean report.

Did you give any acct info in your letter as well?

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 52 of 85
meehan22
Frequent Contributor

I have a midland collection, older that I settled on. The OC is scheduled to come off 4/2014 so it'll be off my reports in the matter of a couple months.

Is it worth my while to drop the letter in the mail in hopes of getting it removed sooner? Make my reports that much cleaner while i wait for a lien to be updated to released to apply for some unsecured cards finally ASAP. 

Wallet: Chase $6,000 - Discover $1,500 - Walmart $2,200 - Voyage FCU $1,300 - Zales $2,300 - Elan Fin: $12,500(AU, reporting) - Chase $8,500 (AU, reporting) 1% UTL
Message 53 of 85
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@meehan22 wrote:

I have a midland collection, older that I settled on. The OC is scheduled to come off 4/2014 so it'll be off my reports in the matter of a couple months.

Is it worth my while to drop the letter in the mail in hopes of getting it removed sooner? Make my reports that much cleaner while i wait for a lien to be updated to released to apply for some unsecured cards finally ASAP. 

It can't hurt anything...Actually, I think I may try the same with my remaining Midland account. I had two on all three bureaus, EX and EQ removed both after BBB and CFPB, as well as a bunch of CRA disputes. TU still has one remaining....ugh! I think I may try this letter today. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 54 of 85
binky33
Valued Member

Did it delete the original creditor info as well or just the collections account?

Message 55 of 85
meehan22
Frequent Contributor

Mine was scheduled to come off 4/2014 and actually came off this month. Nevermind i guess. Smiley Happy Hope everyone has good luck with this! 

Wallet: Chase $6,000 - Discover $1,500 - Walmart $2,200 - Voyage FCU $1,300 - Zales $2,300 - Elan Fin: $12,500(AU, reporting) - Chase $8,500 (AU, reporting) 1% UTL
Message 56 of 85
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting about the letter.  Has anyone had Midland file suit against them?  If so, I would like to hear about it.  

I have a judgement from Midland on a Tribute CC that was included in the FTC ruling and they have never tried to Garnish my wages. It is set to fall  off Nov 2014. I am trying to decided how I want to handle it. If i want to leave it alone or try and get it off early.

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 57 of 85
Credit-Comback-Kid

What information did you add in the letter?

EQ: 583, TU: 564, EP: 541 3/27/2014
Message 58 of 85
Credit-Comback-Kid

Do you just add your SSN or what other information?

EQ: 583, TU: 564, EP: 541 3/27/2014
Message 59 of 85
NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting about the letter.  Has anyone had Midland file suit against them?  If so, I would like to hear about it.  

I have a judgement from Midland on a Tribute CC that was included in the FTC ruling and they have never tried to Garnish my wages. It is set to fall  off Nov 2014. I am trying to decided how I want to handle it. If i want to leave it alone or try and get it off early.

Cheryl

I just had a charge-off from Salute (also included in that settlement) sold to MIdland removed recently. I sent a letter CMRRR citing verbatim the language from the FTC ruling and that they needed to remove within 10 days or else "any and all legal remedies will be sought." They both removed the items within the week.

There shouldn't be too much to worry about SOL here since it's past 6 years which covers 40+ states.

The link to the FTC ruling is here: http://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/cases-proceedings/062-3212/compucredit-corporation-jefferson-capital-systems-llc

Check your PMs for the letter that worked for me.

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 60 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.