cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Remove Midland Credit Management (easy!)

tag
BNA111
Valued Member

Re: How To Remove Midland Credit Management (easy!)

Hi,

I currently just received a debt settlement from Midland as well. It states that if you pay in full, they will report as "paid in full" on CR form all 3 Bureaus.

Just curious if you paid in full and if so how long did you have to wait before sending this letter?

I plan on paying the full amount this week but curious on if they will stick to their word.

Thanks ! Smiley Happy
Message 71 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please give me a copy of the letter. I have the exact same situation with Salute & MCM. Trying to get a USDA loan and that item is keeping me from getting it.

Message 72 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tommy5746 wrote:

So, as I browse these boards I notice that A LOT of people have trouble with Midland Credit Management... I have successfully removed them from all 3 bureaus very easily... I have written the same letter to all 3 bureaus and all 3 have promptly removed midland... including TransUnion which can be a pain to work with on removing Collections...

To Whom It May Concern,

Thank you for taking the time to review my file and to help me with this matter of dealing with Midland Credit Management. To date, Midland has a poor track record in regards to its collection tactics which have resulted in fines from the United States Government and from individual states as well. As of this year Midland has had to pay close to one million dollars in fines and penalties due to their unlawful business procedures which violate the consumer’s rights. Their illegal actions have caused thousands upon thousands of consumer’s credit files to be tainted with negative remarks which includes myself. Please remove Midland Credit Management from my file so that I can restore my credit and good name back to where it once was. I thank you one again for your time and I look forward to having Midland Credit Management removed from my credit file.

Sincerely,

Consumer Name

Thats the letter i sent out to all 3 bureaus and all 3 promptly removed the collection from my file... Its a simple and easy solution to a company who has caused a lot of damage for a lot of consumers credit files. All you need to do is state the FACTS because thats all the bureaus care about.. Give them the facts about midland and they will give you a clean report.

I have tried this letter, as well as have had a court judgement rule in my favor against Midland on their first claim.  They just changed the dates of the orignal claim that they failed to verify in the first attempt and resubmitted another listing to the three credit bureaus. I successfully represented myself in the first court go around, and do not want to payout a lot of money to some attorney to deal with this ridiculous company.  I have submitted another request for verification to Midland.  They have failed to provide such information and basically have failed to follow all the guidelines in the FCPDA.  Any other suggestions? 

Message 73 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need suggestions on dealing with MCM and dispute/validations.  I'm in FL and as of the date the 3 MCM accounts in question are past the SOL (5 years).  MCM even mentions they can't sue me because of this.  I opened the validation Pandora box earlier this year on my own and have recently retained the services of a credit counselor to help me remove their information from my CRA files.  MCM has almost double the amounts of all 3 OC.  As of the date, MCM has sent me an "alleged detailed account sheet from one of the OCs.  Further, they would like my collaboration in assisting them in the validation of these debts.  One of the bloggers posted something similar, leaving the burden of the proof on the consumer.  Similar to other consumers on this blog, MCM likes to manipulate the data on the 3 CRA.  Once again, showing inconsistencies in the reporting format and information.  I have seen some positive changes with my EQ and TU account but the EX still lagging.  MCM sends updated information the CRAs almost daily changing their story.  I know my credit coach has a strategy but I also do not want to over pay for a service if the letter everyone is mentioning here has worked and is working.  By far, they have had more than the 30 days to comply and supply me with the original information. So, what should I do???  Suggestions please.  Thanks.

Message 74 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paided off 2 or 3 accounts and they sent out the PIF letter probably about 30-45 days after receipt of my last payment.  It is also on my credit report as PIF.  Everytime I pay off a bill my credit score goes up a few points.

Message 75 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

Long time reader, first time writer. So I have a collection on all reports from a 300 target bill from like 2008 that should be falling off but MCM keeps adding a new date. Anyway, the letters they send me are in spanish and I don't know if I should call them or just pay it and then keep disputing it or what. Any feedback would be helpful. 

Message 76 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the date of last delinquency is 2008 then the debt should fall off sometime this year (2015) right?  Unless you have made payments on the bill recently which can sometime re age the account.  but if your last payment was in 2008 and Midland has re-aged your account this is illegal and a violation of FCRA.  find out what your state's SOL.  what is your DOFD & DOLA?  then go from there.  If it stays on after 7.5 years then report to CRA to have it removed.  If you have to pay pay 10-20% imo.  Good luck!!!

Message 77 of 85
veebbyxoxo

HEYY [=

I started off with this letter and it was removed...word of advice ALWAYS deal with the Credit Reporting agency ( Transunoin, equifax, experian.) Burden on the customer? NO thanks!! ALWAYS ALWAYS DEAL WITH A REPORT AGENCY ....along with this letter when they try to get smart back, send them a VALIDATION LETTER along with it...if they have nothing with a signature ...they can kick rocks....most Original Creditors lose files after 2 years..... soooo rally i doubt they even have it ....once they cant prove it one of the agencies will remove it and then leggaly all 3 have to .....

good luck!! 

Message 78 of 85
veebbyxoxo

I wouldnt bother paying MCM ...it wont help your "score" so would skip that not sure who is giving you that advice...ignore them 

Message 79 of 85
veebbyxoxo

paying MCM is NOT going to help your credit score ..... not sure who told you that was a good idea....NOT A GOOD IDEA but goodluck 

Message 80 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.