Valued Contributor
Mike_B03

How accurate is Experian FAKO score to real FICO score?

I pulled a credit report and score today from Experian.com (which is a FAKO score) and it's pretty bad, 597. I had a mortgage company pull my credit score on 11/14/12 and for Experian, I had a 642 (which is being used as the middle score for the loan).

I'm praying that my score didn't drop 45 points in the past month because I see no reason for it to drop off. I actually had a lot of bad accounts age off since that report, a total of 8 actually. 

So how accurate is the Experian FAKO score vs a real FICO score?

Valued Contributor
p-

Re: How accurate is Experian FAKO score to real FICO score?

Mike_B03 wrote:

I pulled a credit report and score today from Experian.com (which is a FAKO score) and it's pretty bad, 597. I had a mortgage company pull my credit score on 11/14/12 and for Experian, I had a 642 (which is being used as the middle score for the loan).

I'm praying that my score didn't drop 45 points in the past month because I see no reason for it to drop off. I actually had a lot of bad accounts age off since that report, a total of 8 actually. 

So how accurate is the Experian FAKO score vs a real FICO score?

They do not correlate.  They could be exactly the same or a hundred off.  Search the forums here for ways to get an EXP fico - 

8-12-14: FICO EXP: 797 - EQU: 734 - TRAN: 739 - AVG: 757 - +207 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Blogger
HiLine

Re: How accurate is Experian FAKO score to real FICO score?

FAKO's are not accurate. If accurate they would've been FICO scores.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}