cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate is Experian FAKO score to real FICO score?

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

How accurate is Experian FAKO score to real FICO score?

I pulled a credit report and score today from Experian.com (which is a FAKO score) and it's pretty bad, 597. I had a mortgage company pull my credit score on 11/14/12 and for Experian, I had a 642 (which is being used as the middle score for the loan).

I'm praying that my score didn't drop 45 points in the past month because I see no reason for it to drop off. I actually had a lot of bad accounts age off since that report, a total of 8 actually. 

So how accurate is the Experian FAKO score vs a real FICO score?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: How accurate is Experian FAKO score to real FICO score?

@Mike_B03 wrote:

I pulled a credit report and score today from Experian.com (which is a FAKO score) and it's pretty bad, 597. I had a mortgage company pull my credit score on 11/14/12 and for Experian, I had a 642 (which is being used as the middle score for the loan).

I'm praying that my score didn't drop 45 points in the past month because I see no reason for it to drop off. I actually had a lot of bad accounts age off since that report, a total of 8 actually. 

So how accurate is the Experian FAKO score vs a real FICO score?

They do not correlate.  They could be exactly the same or a hundred off.  Search the forums here for ways to get an EXP fico - 

Message 2 of 3
HiLine
Blogger

Re: How accurate is Experian FAKO score to real FICO score?

FAKO's are not accurate. If accurate they would've been FICO scores.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.