cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How bad does a Settled Collections account reflect?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How bad does a Settled Collections account reflect?

I had a Verizon baddie and I settled it the other day. I attempted to get a PFD and was denied and they told me that it would be considered paid in full. However after getting the email confirmation that says exactly... "after payment clears will be considered paid in full by verzion wireless and will update the credit reporting." But now it shows it was settled and even after contacting the EO I'm being told that it is reporting correctly and that she refuses to listen to my phone call when I made the payment to verify what I was told and that if I want to contact the BBB to go ahead. Am I out of options here? I tried to do the right thing and just settle it rather than letting it fall off in a year.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How bad does a Settled Collections account reflect?

You could try forwarding the email they sent AGREEING to it being 'considered paid in full' and claim its a binding agreement.

Scorewise it really makes no difference however.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try the BBB. If they agreed to put paid in full, they should. It is not hurting your score anymore one way than the other, but as you had to make extra effort, in your BBB post say you would like the resolution to be they remove it from your report altogether. They may well just do it, to get the BBB claim settled to consumers satisfaction. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I figured the BBB would be my first route. I can't believe they would act like it's such a non issue. I guess most people just roll over. Well not this guy! LOL I'll keep you guys updated on the progress of this issue.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.