cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How big of a jump can I expect in my score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How big of a jump can I expect in my score?

Hello!!

I defaulted on student loans many many years ago.  Since June I have been in a rehabilitation program with a collection company.  Since I have made a number of successful payments, my loan will be purchased again, and all trace of it having EVER been derogatory or in collections will be completely wiped clean, likely by the middle of March. 

YAY!!

My scores are currently EQ 515, EX 503 and TU 481.  The loan amount is about $23K that currently is in collections, and that is roughly 2/3 of my total in collection.  Once that changes to a student loan in good standing, what kind of jump can I expect in my credit scores?? 

I appreciate any feedback some one can give.  My 2012 resolution is to drastically improve my credit rating, so I am EXTREMELY excited about this change!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Re: How big of a jump can I expect in my score?

I asked the same question over in "student loans". Havent been back to check out the answer (thansk for the reminder!) but I am guessing that would depend on the rest of your report.

To be shown as current as opposed to transferred HAS to help though, no? Thats what Im hoping for anyway...good luck!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 2 of 3
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Re: How big of a jump can I expect in my score?

No one answered -LOL

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.