Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can First Premeir do this???

tag
tishmomof2
Valued Member

How can First Premeir do this???

My husband had a credit card with First Premeir about 7 years ago,  Well it went into collections and what not, but we paid it in 2004, it was paid/charge off,, anyway its been that way on his report like that, and it was supposed to fall off this year, well I pull his credit report last week and I see , that they reported in 12/2010, so that means they just reported a few months ago, and then it says it will stay on our report, till 2018??? how is this, we have had no contact with them what so ever since we paid them off, they were not even reporting before or anything, how can they now just start reporting again, is that fair to us

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: How can First Premeir do this???

Did you pay 1st primeir or a CA?  Who is reporting on your CR's? 1st pirmer,a CA or both.

What is the DOFD on the OC (1st primeir)?

Do you have any old CR's and are all the DOFD's the same with 1st primer?

A creditor can choose to report or not report, any time within the CRTP, but not past.

The CRTP for CO's and CA's is 7-7.5yrs from the DOFD.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes a CO can revert to a positive account and continue to report. Is it reporting negative now (e.g. lates or negative comments)?

Message 3 of 5
tishmomof2
Valued Member

Its reporting as negative!

Message 4 of 5
mauve
Valued Contributor

When was the DoFD? 

i.e., do you know if they re-aged it, or if the negatives simply haven't fallen off yet?  After the negatives fall off, the tradeline should turn positive and continue to report until the account has been closed for 10 years.

If they HAVE re-aged it, it would be good if you had proof of the delinquency date and / or an older credit report showing the original dates in question.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.