cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I clean up last baddie, if no one wants to take the money? Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I clean up last baddie, if no one wants to take the money? Help!

My hubby has one collection left on all 3 CRA from Oct. 2014 with Comcast (Stellar) for $59.00. We have tried DV with Stellar and get nothing back. Today I tried calling Comcast to see if they would accept payment and pull it back from Stellar. Took forever to find a phone number and then their system was down to look anything up. So I called Stellar. They couldn't find the account. I gave them all the info I was comfortable giving them (name, address, phone number, amount, the partial account number which was all I had). I didn't feel comfortable with giving the lady his SSN. She tried and was very nice, but couldn't find the account. She never once pressured me. satisfaction.

Funny thing is, we are not sure if we even owe the money. We moved here, got Comcast, then dropped them within the first 30 days. When we did that we were told there wouldn't be a bill and we never received one. We returned all the equipment and have never heard from Stellar or Comcast to the tune of $59.00.

Should I try again on another day with Comcast to see if they would either wipe it out or pull it back for payment? Should we ride out to the local Comcast and see if they can help?  We want this off, but aren't sure how to proceed.

TIA

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I clean up last baddie, if no one wants to take the money? Help!

I am only 1 month into rebuilding so this might not be the best advice but I would dispute the charge thru the CRA. I would use the 'not my account' option. They can contact the collection agency to see if you really owe it.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would send them a DV letter first.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

We did that and got no response. Also, disputed through CRA and it came back valid. We tried all the usual routes first mainly because it was the right thing, but also I hate to try to explain things on the phone and hubby hates it worse than me. Both our jobs had a lot of phone work and now I use mine for just about everything except as a verbal communication device. Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one paid collection left as well on all 3. It doesn't seem to be scaring anyone away. But I want it GONE.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem
With Comcast they say I don't owe anything to them CA said Comcast recall the debt and the ones reporting on my credit report is credit management I really don't know what to do anymore ugh! Comcast is very frustrating 😑
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope you can get comcast to delete. I had the ca on my record only not comcast. They won't delete my record from my reports, they say unless comcast tells them to do so. Comcast promised me after I pay the final bill which I did they will remove from my report and now they come back saying that they sent the collections agency as comcast does not show up on my report that it is satisfied and to put paid only. All they offer me is a letter saying zero balance. I even addressed it wtih the eo of comcast and they even called me twice to repeat the same. I feel dissapointed. Please let me know if possible if they comply to deleting the record after payment with you if possible. Thanks

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called both Comcast and Stellar. And I still have $59.00 that no one wants to take. Comcast found the old bill. He gave me the account number. I didn't pay him because, well it's Comcast and we still didn't think we owed it.  In this case. I would so rather deal with Stellar. So I called them. I gave the very nice Zachary that account number. He verified it twice and could not come up with an account. His supervisor tried and still no go. But he suggested calling all three CRAs and telling them what has transpired. So I will do that tomorrow. There's some number probably wrong somewhere, but maybe I can just get it deleted.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

good luck.

Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yuo need some basis for asserting no debt in fact beyond a simple assertion.

If you have some basis for filing a dispute of the accuracy of the debt, then it will be referred by the CRA to the debt collector.

At that time, the debt collector can contact the OC and obtain confirmation, and verify.

The CRA will not delete siimply on the basis your call aseerting no debt, or asserting the debt collector could not locate file information.

Deletion requires the rigors of the dispute process, with the CRA formally contacting the debt collection for their investigation.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.