Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I dispute paid charge offs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I dispute paid charge offs?

Hello! 

I have lurked around these forums for quite some time now and I ready to become an active member! I have a question regarding some charged off accounts that are still appearing on my credit report. I currently have the following charge offs still reporting:

Credit One Bank - CO 12/2013 - Paid in full through attorney's office in 12/2016 who was collecting for CA - Balance was reported to $0 but tradeline remains

Applied Bank - Completed a PFD in February and have PFD in writing - Will fall off within the next two weeks

First Premier Bank - Still actively reporting as Failed to Pay, last updated 3/2017

Webbank/Fingerhut - CO in 9/2013 - Settled with CA to have collection account removed but CO tradeline still remains

Any tips on what I can do to have these removed as I have actually paid 3 out of 4? Can I do anything with FPB? I have read of some success with DV letters but I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with FPB. 

Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How can I dispute paid charge offs?

What is the asserted inaccuracy that is the basis for your dispute?

Payment of a debt does not render prior derogs inaccurate, and is not basis for removal of a reported collection or charge-off.

Additionally, a dispute is for the purpose of correcting or removing inaccurate information, not removing accurate reporting.

A dispute only applies to the specific inaccuracy, and unless the inaccuracy is the fact of the charge-off or collection per se being inappropriate, correction of an inaccuracy would not apply to deletion of a CO or collection.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I dispute paid charge offs?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello! 

I have lurked around these forums for quite some time now and I ready to become an active member! I have a question regarding some charged off accounts that are still appearing on my credit report. I currently have the following charge offs still reporting:

Credit One Bank - CO 12/2013 - Paid in full through attorney's office in 12/2016 who was collecting for CA - Balance was reported to $0 but tradeline remains

Applied Bank - Completed a PFD in February and have PFD in writing - Will fall off within the next two weeks

First Premier Bank - Still actively reporting as Failed to Pay, last updated 3/2017

Webbank/Fingerhut - CO in 9/2013 - Settled with CA to have collection account removed but CO tradeline still remains

Any tips on what I can do to have these removed as I have actually paid 3 out of 4? Can I do anything with FPB? I have read of some success with DV letters but I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with FPB. 

Thanks in advance! 

You can't dispute accurate information. It won't work. 

Start a goodwill campaign and beg for forgivness.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.