Did you mean: 

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I find who holds my Citi student loan (CitiAssist)?

Try Navient.
All of my old citi loans say Navient.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there, thanks for your kind advice. I tried Navient too. They couldn't find my loan either...

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In view of the numerous complaints and prior CFPB involvment in student loan issues with CITI and Navient, I would begin by placing a call to the compliance division of the CFPB.  I am confident they can steer you in the right direction regarding issues with transfer of their prior student loans.....

Prior press releases seem to indicate that CITI sold its student loans to Navient.  Perhaps Navient simply blew you off in view of prior issues with those acquired loans.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your kind advice. I just called CFPB and looks like there's nothing that they could help. 

I'm in a very weird situation where I'm ready to repay but can't because I can't find where the loan is..... Smiley Sad

I think I've talked to almost 50 people over the last couple of days and tried all possible ways to identify where my loan is to no vail.. 

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Then I would consult an attorney for advice on how to legally demand info from the original creditor as to the heir to the debt.

They are almost assuredly required to possess those financial records, but simply dont want to take the time to dig them out of archives.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.