Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get late payments removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I get late payments removed?

I currently have two credit card accounts showing late payments and I would love to have them taken off my record if possible.  One is a Sears/Citibank mastercard and the other is a Capital One mastercard.  Both cards currently have a zero balance.  The sears card shows a 90 day late payement because I was on deployment and my auto payments stopped for some reason.  Account was closed by creditor, but I paid the ~$200 balance when I found out there was a problem.  The Cap One card shows a total of 5 30 day late payments over the last few years, which is due to them not allowing me to set up an auto payment and me sometimes forgetting to log in and make a payment.  Should I contact the creditors directly to discuss getting these removed, or should I be talking with the reporting agencies?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

Re: How can I get late payments removed?

call lexington law firm they will do it for either 79. or 99 a month the 79 would work for just the late payments

Message 2 of 4
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Can we move this to the credit repair area. I'll take a stab at answering this in mean time. Your problem is that these were really lates and everyone has reasons for being late so no reason to remove. For the capital one, I would ask for good will removal of lates from Capitol one. Good will making means sorry I have been late but I am good customer so would you mind doing me favor and removing. Call, write, etc. to try and get them removed. Might take a ton of times and sympathic ear. Do search for good will or Gw and capital one. As for the sears, I hear they don't like to goodwill remove lates. However, there might be some law that makes troops on deployment exempt. I forget. In any case, try and Gw sears as well. But with sears, try and dispute late with cras because you were on deployment. Btw if you are still active duty, I highly recommend you join nfcu while you are eligible. Eligibility stops when you leave military without military pension. Nfcu one of most generous lenders around.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto on joining nfcu; they are awesome!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.