Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get rid of a repo on my CR?

tag
wpxo
Established Member

Re: Does PFD work with Repossession?

Ok will do for sure! Follow up question for you denver133: Since this a small company (of maybe 15 employees), do you think that's going to affect my chances of getting that YES? I don't want it to come across as harrassment if I'm sending letter after letter and getting rejected... Any thoughts? I just want this off my CR, so that I can move on and rebuild. It's soo frustrating.

Starting Scores: 10/2013: EX: 575, EQ: 568, TU: 607
Current Scores:
Goals: 800 across the board

Citi AA World Elite
$23,000

Message 11 of 12
denver133
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does PFD work with Repossession?

Thats great that its a small company!  Less people to fight through to get to the top.   Address it to the President or CEO.  Be as friendly as possible in the letter and be specific as to why they should do it.  Not a generic form letter you are sending them.   

Another member of this form gave me some great advice after I got declined on a GW. It sparked a whole new sight of how to tackle my remaining COs.    Thanks to RobertEG for this wording below. I would use that below and reword it so it works well with your situation.   

"

Theri real reason is most likely that they are complying with the administrative policy of the CRAs that furnishers are not to deleter prior reporting based on payment of the debt.  They may be concerned, and rightfully so, that deletion would jeopardize their credit reporing agreement.

I would simply remind them that reporting of deletion does not require that they provide and reason to the CRA, and that continued showing in your CR of a CO implies to others that you let your debts become uncollectible, with no intent to pay.  The fact that you did pay demonstrates that is not your mindset, and thus deltion of the CO would more accurately reflect upon you as a consumer.  Paint the picture of deletion actually promoting accuracy of reporting by removing a comment (reporting of a CO) that in essence says they have determined that you stiff your debts."

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.