cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get this CO Student Loan off of my CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I get this CO Student Loan off of my CR?

It's only showing on Equifax. 

Loan Type: Student Loan

Date Opened: Sep, 2005

Status Date: May 2014

I paid it in full on March 2014.  I emailed the loan coordinator at my university & I got the payoff quote from her & paid it at the cashier's office.  I still have the receipt.

She just emailed me this back in response to my GW email attempt:

"You borrowed this money in 2005 but it was not paid until March 2014.  This account can stay on your records for 7 years after the paid in full date.  We don’t determine when something is removed from your credit history.  That is up to the credit bureaus.

A review of your account shows you were 8 months past due when we received your first payment.  And when we received your payoff in March 2014, we had not received a payment since 7-2-07.  We cannot change your credit history.  Your account was reported correctly as seriously delinquent."

According to the loan coordinator, it will stay on my report for 7 years after the date I paid it in March 2014, so March 2011.  Is this remotely true???  According to her email, the last Day of Delinquency was July 2, 2007 (the last time I had paid them).  So wouldn't it fall off 7 years later July 2, 2014??

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: How can I get this CO Student Loan off of my CR?

IMHO not much you can do about this sorry 

When it was paid in full it updayed to show as much 

Was this a federal loan?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

Was this a federal loan?

Hi thanks for the reply.  This was paid in full March 2014.  It's a federal perkins loan.  

I want to know when it is supposed to fall off of my credit report.  She makes it sound like it will stay for 7 years after the date of payment so March 2021.  But that doesn' sound right to me.  I think that it was charged off around 2006 or 2007.  So I would think it would already fall off any day now.

Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Was this a federal loan?

Hi thanks for the reply.  This was paid in full March 2014.  It's a federal perkins loan.  

I want to know when it is supposed to fall off of my credit report.  She makes it sound like it will stay for 7 years after the date of payment so March 2021.  But that doesn' sound right to me.  I think that it was charged off around 2006 or 2007.  So I would think it would already fall off any day now.

Chances are low of removal with a federal loan so they are relfecting your final payment so IMHO your stuck with up to 7.5 years 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

Write a sincere, and I am talking a genuine heartfelt letter to the President of the University.  I ,attended a small private university in Northern Virginia and was shocked at just how involved the president was with the alumni.  Seriously, it is worth the twenty minutes it would take crank out a letter.  Universities today are getting a bad reputation for being greedy money making institutions, so perhaps your school president might welcome the chance to lighten a previous student's financial stress.  I would try this as it couldn't hurt and might just help your situation.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uggh.  Here I was sitting pretty biding my time in the garden until July 2015 when supposedly my last negative account would fall off (or so I thought).  Now it sounds like I may just have to live with this ugly mole right on my forehead for the next 7.5 years.

As far as writing a letter to the President of the University, that does sound like a great idea.  But the problem is, I was a Chem major...not an English major.  I've always hated writing papers.  I was diagnosed by my mom's OBGYN with writer's block shortly after I was delivered.

Thanks for the help guys.  Time to start googling for a ghost writer!

Gardening until July 2015  March 2021

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.