cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I know if I "Opt-Out or am on the Opt-in" for Pre Approved Offers??

tag
sylviagarcia
Regular Contributor

How can I know if I "Opt-Out or am on the Opt-in" for Pre Approved Offers??

Hi All,

I keep reading on some posts that in order for the Shopping Cart Trick (SCT) to work for some we need to make sure we haven't "Opted Out" of pre-approval offers.. and I'm starting to think that I must be opted out because none of those SCT that I've tried works on me Smiley Sad

I tried it with my Mom's credit - her scores are in the low 500's vs mine who are in the mid 600's and it worked with her Smiley Sad  but not with me.. Now she doesn't have a BK on her report whereas I have a Ch.13 in 2011 and after dismisssal I had to file a Ch.7 in 2014 to make things right again :/  So of course my CR are quite a Horror Film for some creditors.. But I have re-established credit except I haven't been able to get a retail store card and I was hoping to go for this SCT but it isn't working..

The only other thing is that I'm on the Opt-Out list.. but how can I find out and how can I change it?

Thanks again for all your help you are all amazing individuals.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I know if I "Opt-Out or am on the Opt-in" for Pre Approved Offers??

@sylviagarcia wrote:

Hi All,

I keep reading on some posts that in order for the Shopping Cart Trick (SCT) to work for some we need to make sure we haven't "Opted Out" of pre-approval offers.. and I'm starting to think that I must be opted out because none of those SCT that I've tried works on me Smiley Sad

I tried it with my Mom's credit - her scores are in the low 500's vs mine who are in the mid 600's and it worked with her Smiley Sad  but not with me.. Now she doesn't have a BK on her report whereas I have a Ch.13 in 2011 and after dismisssal I had to file a Ch.7 in 2014 to make things right again :/  So of course my CR are quite a Horror Film for some creditors.. But I have re-established credit except I haven't been able to get a retail store card and I was hoping to go for this SCT but it isn't working..

The only other thing is that I'm on the Opt-Out list.. but how can I find out and how can I change it?

Thanks again for all your help you are all amazing individuals.

Go to this website to opt-in or opt-out of prescreened offers: https://www.optoutprescreen.com

Message 2 of 4
sylviagarcia
Regular Contributor

Ficogirl15,

Thanks so much.. I really appreciate it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sylviagarcia wrote:

Ficogirl15,

Thanks so much.. I really appreciate it.

You're welcome!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.