Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can a CA report 120+ days late?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can a CA report 120+ days late?

Depending on what month you defaulted on (1st missed payment) in 2001, the SOL for Credit Reporting expires in 2009.  So, even after payment you should be able to dispute this soon and have it removed in 2009.

Depending on what state you live in (NJ is 6 years, PA is 4 years) you would have to check for the Debt Collection SOL.

Edited to add:  Check Debt Collection SOL by State

nacol1994 wrote:
I settled an old First Consumers National Bank credit card from 2001 with Midland Credit Mgmt back in May. 

Message Edited by shawtycat on 09-24-2008 02:06 PM
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in Michigan so it would be 6 years...but the CA that bought it is reporting the DOFD as 12/2/2005 which would be when the other CA had it.  Midland states they have been updating the accounts since May as a Paid account and not reporting it as late. If that is true--I need to figure out how to get Equifax to report it correctly because it is only reported this way on their report.  The DOFD is obviously wrong since FCNB went bankrupt in 2003.  It is so screwed up.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

When disputing anything with Equifax, you will have to write a letter and attach any proof you have.  Online disputes do not work with Equifax for tricky stuff.

Do you have an old credit report that shows the OC account with the partial account number that you can compare to the first CA's account and the new CAs account?  If you can prove on paper (and don't happen to have that last statement handy) that the DOFD should be a different date, the CRA would have to update their information.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.