Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How depressing starting all over again

tag
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

How depressing starting all over again

Before the oil spill I was sitting on could 9 with scores around the mid 700's, I worked for a long grueling 2 1/2 years to get my scores back up and my credit clean, I had not one negative left on my reports.

After the oil spill, 30, 60 and 90 day lates popped up EVERYWHERE, accounts got closed and scores slammed down to the mid to low 400's.

I am worst off now then I was 2 1/2 years ago.

I know I can send goodwill letters but that doesn't mean they will re open the closed accounts and they don't have to remove the lates.

If anyone has any good tried and true addresses or email addresses for these creditors I would truley appreciate them.

DSRM National Bank/Valero closed (told me if I made a payment they would re-open it but they haven't yet)

GE Money Bank/Chevron closed

Hooters (said they would re-age (the good re-age)

HSBC Bank 1 closed and in collection but still owned by HSBC, 1 still open but with lates

Conn's (these people are ruthless)

Credit One (said they would re-age)

BOA (said they would re-age)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How depressing starting all over again

The very first thing I would do, to put real clout in your GW efforts, is to take pen in hand, and write or call your congressman.

With all you have been through, due to factors that were beyond your control, you deserve some good will.

Congressional staff will probably jump to your support, if you can document the source of your woes as being related to the catasthropic oil spill.

If you can secure his/her congressional support, and just get them to call the creditors, that will break up a lot of road jams.  Congressional inquiries are listened to.

That is why we elect them.  To represent our interests, in tthe event of real need.

Message 2 of 6
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Never thought about him, Thanks for the tip!

Message 3 of 6
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Okay I am a tad lost which isn't anything knew lately. But what does the OIL SPILL have to do with how handled credit? 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 6
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

I live and work in the oilfield.

When the spill happened and permits for new leases on drilling rigs in the Gulf of Mexico was put on hold my income went to nearly ZERO!

Being self employed I DID NOT qualify for unemployment.

My savings kept me afloat until July. With hardly no income, I had to let things go in order to feed my kids and pay utilities.

Message 5 of 6
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Okay I understand the hardship. Sorry for you and your family.

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.