Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I approach this?? HELP

tag
nate79416
Regular Contributor

How do I approach this?? HELP

Enhanced Recovery is reporting on my CR an old sprint account but the account number is wrong, this is probably why they will not respond to my DV letter, I called sprint she gave me a totally different account number, so should I call Sprint back and make them recall that account that is not mine, and pay for the account that is mine?? HELP

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Re: How do I approach this?? HELP

Yes, I would phone Sprint, pay them and then have them fix everything.  Often a utility or cell phone service provider will accept the payment and then remove the collection.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How do I approach this?? HELP

@nate79416 wrote:

Enhanced Recovery is reporting on my CR an old sprint account but the account number is wrong, this is probably why they will not respond to my DV letter, I called sprint she gave me a totally different account number, so should I call Sprint back and make them recall that account that is not mine, and pay for the account that is mine?? HELP

I would settle with Sprint, you want to be sure there is no CA that they sent your account to before they pay. If they tell you there is no CA involved then pay them immediately and you would just dispute that CA entry on your report as not yours since the account numbers bear this out.

If this is your collection and the account number entry is just a mistake then you want to have Sprint recall the collectors and when they say they are doing so then you pay off Sprint in full.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.