cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I ask CRA about reported information.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I ask CRA about reported information.

I am wanting to contact TU about information on my report.   

I just ran my 3B report again after last doing it 6 months or so ago.   On all my reports it list different months reported since last late.   On EX it is 45 months, on EQ it is 20 months, and TU reports only 2 months.   I haven't technically had a late payment in just under 4 years so the EX report lines up.  I did have several CO's that are reported on my file that I have recently paid so I'm thinking that is the difference.  TU and EQ to some degree must be somehow showing recent late when I actually paid the CO's  Probably because of the updated info.   

So my question is there anyway to actually find where the late is coming from, Can I call the CRA and ask for explanation.  And if I do get the answer that I think they'll give me (That the CO's updating is what caused it to look like a recent late) Is there anything I can do about it.   (dispute, etc.  ) Or do I have to just them age.  

I know its affecting my TU showing a recent 2 month late because my scores are 686 EQ and 690 EX,  but TU is lagging behind at 667

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How do I ask CRA about reported information.

If the CRA will not provide information informally, such as by way of a phone call, the FCRA expressly permits a consumer to obtain any information of record in their credit file by sending a formal request under FCRA 609(a)(1)

Such requests require the consumer to provide accompanying proof of their identity and the required processing fee under FCRA 612(f), which is currently $11.00.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any derog account that updates will appear to be a recent late in the summary
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea. I kinda figured that was it. Just wondering if there's anything I can do about it. Other than let it age.
Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Yea. I kinda figured that was it. Just wondering if there's anything I can do about it. Other than let it age.

If its unpaid nope (unless you settle it)... If its paid and you are not disputing its accuracy they should cease reporting per the CRAs ops manuals you could request that be enforced you could also attempt to have the whole TL removed with a GW letter to the reporting creditor.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

All you can do is figure out which account is updating, and settle it.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.