cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I ask for MOV / procedural request? Post-dispute timeframe?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I ask for MOV / procedural request? Post-dispute timeframe?

I'd like to know how to ask for the details of how an investigation was conducted on one of my disputes. Is there a specific kind of letter I can send to the CRA to request this?

Also, if a CRA didn't notify me of the results/etc of a dispute within five days of concluding the investigation, are they being noncompliant with the FCRA?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: How do I ask for MOV / procedural request? Post-dispute timeframe?

I don't know if this will help you, but there is a post in the freq req threads about MOV here's a link for you, just in case you haven't seen it.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Method-Of-Verification-MOV/m-p/9859

Also I believe the CRA's have 30days to notify you of the results of a dispute.

Hope this helps.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How do I ask for MOV / procedural request? Post-dispute timeframe?

The so-called MOV process is outlined in FCRA 611(a)(6)(B)(iii) if requested within the notice of dispute itself, or in FCRA 611(a)(7) if requested after receipt of their notice of results of their investigation.

The items that can be requested are clearly specified.   They include "a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information", including "the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with such information, and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available."  Request what you need.

I would additionally include specific request to describe if they utilized their automated e-Oscar dispute process, and if so, what specifiic information they sent to the creditor.  FCRA 611(a)(2)(B) requires that they forward "all relevant information regarding the dispute that the agency has received from the consumer or reseller."  That is the most common error, in my opinion, in the flawed procedure used by the CRAs, and the main reason for using the direct dispute process rather than the CRA dispute process.

Make them tell you what they sent to the creditor.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.