Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I ask for a settlement amount?

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

How do I ask for a settlement amount?

I would like to get a settlement on an account with Afni, then send GW after I pay, how do I go about asking for a settlement? Call, email, send them a letter? And should I ask them if they will settle for say 30% of the total? Or let them give me the settlement amount?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Re: How do I ask for a settlement amount?

bumping- can anyone help?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I've done (and success not guaranteed, because I've only done it once and haven't heard anything back yet because I just mailed the letter was to include that I would pay them the percentage of the amount that I wanted to pay if they would delete the account. I wrote a very nice GW letter and offered them the amount I felt I could easily dole out the day they respond and just thanked them kindly in advance for accepting this offer - i included a statement that this I was not acknowelding that I owed them money just thought I would help them out and save them some time and money... Hope it works out, but what's the worst thing that could happen? It's already costing me on my report!

Message 3 of 4
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Isn't Doing that just a PFD for a settlement amount? Ive tried PFD's with the CA's I want to get a settlement with, so now I'm hoping to pay a settlement amount then send a GW after I pay the settlement, I just don't know how to go about asking for a settlement.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.