Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I correct these? Or can I?

tag
teo77777
Regular Contributor

How do I correct these? Or can I?

Had a foreclosure in 09....TU shows it as Balance 0.....EXP and EQ show I owe 98,000. This house sold in 2010, I owe nada. Also had a repo at the same . Shows on all 3 reports twice. Once for 7900.00 on all 3 CRA's as what I owed when they repo'd , then a seperate listing with a different account number on all 3 for 798.00. Thats the difference owed after they sold the car. Is this correctable, or do I have to take the hickey twice? And one from HSBC for 420.00, also in 09. HSBC was bought out by Santander, and again, Santander and HSBC appear on all 3 CRA's with the same account number, and both report derogs. Again, fixable?? Or totally legal?

TO
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How do I correct these? Or can I?

@teo77777 wrote:

Had a foreclosure in 09....TU shows it as Balance 0.....EXP and EQ show I owe 98,000. This house sold in 2010, I owe nada. If the house sold for more or the same as what you owed, there should not be a balance on EX or EQ.  Also had a repo at the same . Shows on all 3 reports twice. Once for 7900.00 on all 3 CRA's as what I owed when they repo'd , then a seperate listing with a different account number on all 3 for 798.00. Thats the difference owed after they sold the car. Is this correctable, or do I have to take the hickey twice? And one from HSBC for 420.00, also in 09. HSBC was bought out by Santander, and again, Santander and HSBC appear on all 3 CRA's with the same account number, and both report derogs. Again, fixable?? Or totally legal?  Who is listing the repo, there is some serious misreporting here.  No, there can not be multiple listing for the same debt.  At the absolute most, there can only be 2 listings for a debt, one from the OC, and if there is a collection, one from the CA.  Santander and HSBC cannot be listing the same TL.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
teo77777
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Nuvell is the one listing the repo, AND the difference owed. 2 seperate derogs, 2 seperate account numbers, same car. SAME DOFD.As for the house, I dunno. I'd have to go to the courthouse to pull records for what it sold for. I did have PMI , but I'm not sure how that works, or if it helps in any way. In any event, 98,000 was what was left on my note when they took it. I doubt there is a balance owed, but if so, the statute on collecting the difference in Texas is 2 years, so they can't come at me. And yeah, Santander and HSBC are the same, and they are showing as accounts...not collections

TO
Message 3 of 5
polno1234
Contributor

pmi works for the lender not you. you are paying the banks insurance policy on you incase you default in a genralized sense.

Current MERRICK SECURED-$200 EMBLEM MC-$250 EXPRESS NEXT-$350
In the garden till 10/9/14
Fico 8 start 02/15/13 488
Current TU Fico 8 641, EX 734 EQ 740
Goal 650 by 02/15/15
Message 4 of 5
teo77777
Regular Contributor

Figured that. It's the double reporting issues that are concerning me. I actually received a check from Wells on the mortgage, so I gotta get those reporting as 0 bal

TO
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.