cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete negative items from my credit reports?

tag
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

How do I delete negative items from my credit reports?

Equifax and TU are showing a $57 medical bill. I didn't even know I had this, I never received any form of a bill or notice, now it's in collections from 2010. How can I delete? Also TU is showing a $5800 civil judgement for a private student loan

Starting Score: 656
Current Score: 678 TU 08, 665 EQ MyFico, 698 EX PSECU
Goal Score: 7OO needed for Mortgage application

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How do I delete negative items from my credit reports?

That is one of the primary reasons for the DV process.  In addition to requesting verification of the debt, section 809 is intended to provide a consumer with information to enable them to identify an alleged debt.

It begins with dunning notice.  Debt collectors are required to send you dunning notice within 5 days of any initial commumication.  In that notice, in addition to identifying your debt verification rights, they are required to at least identify the current creditor on whose behalf they are collectiing the debt.  Your first clue as to what the debt is.

If identification of the current creditor provided in the dunning notice does not refresh your recollection, you can, within the DV provisions of section 809(b), additionally require them to identify the original creditor.  Additional information to identify the source of any debt.

If they have not complied with their dunning notice requrement, DV them immediately and ask, in addition to verification of the debt, for the name of both the currrent and original creditor.

Message 2 of 3
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

Re: How do I delete negative items from my credit reports?

Who would you send the DV letter to on the Public Record?  The University will not deal with me, I tried to offer Payment in full several times 

Starting Score: 656
Current Score: 678 TU 08, 665 EQ MyFico, 698 EX PSECU
Goal Score: 7OO needed for Mortgage application

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.