cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I dispute re-aging of an account with the CRA's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I dispute re-aging of an account with the CRA's?

Well, there was a ca on my credit report scheduled to fall off this month.  I recently received an updated credit report with all cra's and found that the original account is no longer on the report that was scheduled to fall off, but now the same one has appeared as a new collection account scheduled to fall off in 2017.  the exact same one.  Here is what I have.  The collection agency sent me copies of documents from the original creditor that shows the amount owed and the last date of delinquency.  I disputed this through the cra's, but they came back with a one line comment  that the collection agency confirmed the debt is valid.  What do I do now?  I have no idea why the ca would have restarted the aging?  Please help this is the last negative on my credit report that needed to be cleaned up. Help!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: How do I dispute re-aging of an account with the CRA's?

Do you still have the old copies of the CR's with the date to fall off this month?

If so, make copies and send those to the CRA's and says here proof the CA is trying to re-age the debt.

If you try this, let us know what happens.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.