Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I figure out my account number?

tag
ampy
Valued Member

How do I figure out my account number?

I want to send a GW letter for an old account that has been closed since January 2006. In August of 2005 it shows that I have a 30 day late and in addition to that it states the account is "payment after charge-off/collection." I don't know that it would help increase my score much since it's somewhat old but right now anything will help. My problem is that when I pull up my report it shows the account number as a bunch of XXXXXXs. Is there a way to figure out my account number? Will putting my address and information on there be good enough? Please help!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How do I figure out my account number?

@ampy wrote:

I want to send a GW letter for an old account that has been closed since January 2006. In August of 2005 it shows that I have a 30 day late and in addition to that it states the account is "payment after charge-off/collection." I don't know that it would help increase my score much since it's somewhat old but right now anything will help. My problem is that when I pull up my report it shows the account number as a bunch of XXXXXXs. Is there a way to figure out my account number? Will putting my address and information on there be good enough? Please help!!

You don't say where you got your report but reports from third party sites often don't have the most complete information. If you pull your free reports from annualcreditreport.com you might be able to see a complete account number.

If this is a single 30 day late from 8/2005 it probably isn't doing much harm to your score but every credit file is different and no one can say with certainty if you're still being affected by it. If the date of delinquency is 8/2005 it will be gone in less than two years (8/2012) no matter what you do.

ETA: I need to stop reading so fast. I missed the part about payment after charge-off/collection. This is a separate issue from a late payment and is much more serious and will also need to be removed.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 4
ampy
Valued Member

Thanks marinevietvet. I pulled the report from myfico but just pulled my reports from annualcreditreport.com and you were right!! Yes, I know that is much worse. Smiley Sad I'm hoping someone will be willing to work with me and help me out. I'm going to try, try, try!!!  

Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@ampy wrote:

Thanks marinevietvet. I pulled the report from myfico but just pulled my reports from annualcreditreport.com and you were right!! Yes, I know that is much worse. Smiley Sad I'm hoping someone will be willing to work with me and help me out. I'm going to try, try, try!!!  

That's all you can do. Keep everyone posted. Successes tend to breed more successes.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.