cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find old debt that has fallen off report years ago?

tag
rwt
New Contributor

How do I find old debt that has fallen off report years ago?

I have posted that I am rebuilding my credit and it was brought to my attention that even though old debt falls of my report, its still on my report in a sense that a mortage or other lenders can see it. I was not aware of this and would like to be able to gather all the old debt and start paying them all off. I have the information for the once that recently fell off but there are accounts that go back to 1997 that I dont know how to find. Any help would be great

Seedling:

Starting Score: 595
Current Score: 595
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: How do I find old debt that has fallen off report years ago?

Didn't intend to worry you.

A mortgage lender can pull a full and factual credit report.  It will contain your entire credit history and show all unpaid, outstanding debt.  However, this is only possible if you are applying for a mortgage of $150,000 or more.  And they have to request it.  It is not automatic.

In other instances where this can be done is if you apply for insurance of $150,000 or more or a job that has an annual income of $75,000.

The FCRA gives you the right to get this also.  You can contact the CRAs and request the report.  You may want to be specific in what you are asking for becasue the report could be hunderds of pages long.  I think it is about $11.00.

Message 2 of 3
rwt
New Contributor

Re: How do I find old debt that has fallen off report years ago?

Thankyou for the reply and contact to get the information. I am excited about getting all this debt off my shouldersSmiley Happy

Seedling:

Starting Score: 595
Current Score: 595
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.