cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I fix my Credit Reports to rebuild?

tag
php111
Regular Contributor

Re: How do I fix my Credit Reports to rebuild?

I do have an online account. I do not think I understand so please clarify or confirm this. Pay the $25 every month on Nov 8th or before Nov 8th down to less than 10% and do not use the card anymore until it is less than 10%?

Message 11 of 16
Studio90x
Contributor

@php111 wrote:

I do have an online account. I do not think I understand so please clarify or confirm this. Pay the $25 every month on Nov 8th or before Nov 8th down to less than 10% and do not use the card anymore until it is less than 10%?

Pay the balance leaving only less than 10% or less than $25 if your CL is $250 on the 8th , don't use the card again until after your closing date which may be Oct 11th.

Hope this clarifies enough.

EQ8 - 696 TU8 - 700 EX8 - 683
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@php111 wrote:

Here's how it works:

As long as you pay AT LEAST $25 dollars by the Nov 8th you will not be charged a late fee, but you will be charged interest on the balance. This is what many people do with their credit cards. If you make one or more payments that in total are equal to or more than the statement balance from your Oct 11 statement then you will not be charged any interest on the Nov 11 statement - regardless of any new charges placed after Oct 11. This is much better than just paying the minimum, BUT if you use the card a lot each month, it will "look" like its maxxed out even though you are paying in full each month. The BEST way to use the card is to pay off whatever balance it has, use it as much as you want for every day monthly expenses, make multiple payements and just before its closes, pay the entire balance thats left except for a few dollars, then do not use it until the day after the statement close date. That way you pay no interest, AND it reports a low balance each month.

Message 13 of 16
php111
Regular Contributor

And get a second Secured Card? Why two? One is not good enough? I am just curious why.

My CL at the moment is $231 but on the 8th I made a deposit of $59 and it takes about 12 days so by the 20th my new CL will be $290.

Message 14 of 16
Pway
Valued Contributor

@php111 wrote:

And get a second Secured Card? Why two? One is not good enough? I am just curious why.

My CL at the moment is $231 but on the 8th I made a deposit of $59 and it takes about 12 days so by the 20th my new CL will be $290.

@When you are maxing out your only credit card each month and allowing it to report the maxed out balance your scores are taking a hit.  We typically open multiple lines to help out with utilization when this does happen.  With this card maxed out it is showing on your credit reports util @ 100%. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO scoring looks for at least three revolving credit cards. That gives you better score growth over time. Doesn't matter if they are secured or unsecured.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.