cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I fix this (old foreclosure dispute gone wrong)?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

How do I fix this (old foreclosure dispute gone wrong)?

I had a foreclosure in 2009 and it was included in my bankruptcy in 2010.  While looking over my credit reports this week I noticed that it wasn't being listed as being included in the foreclosure. Just the 30, 60, 90, 120, 150 and 180+ late payments.  Status was paid closed. So I wanted to get rid of all of those late payments from 2008 and early '09 and have it listed correctly. I received a notice that the dispute results were available today (that was quick!).  The account still lists all of those late payments, ND from after the foreclosure til last month and an F for Foreclosure for this month. Status says foreclosued and - 

Status Details:
This account is scheduled to continue on record until Oct 2020.
This item was updated from our processing of your dispute in Jan 2014.

I had another property that was also foreclosed on around the same time and included in the BK. That is listed as discharged through bankruptcy chapter 7 and status details says that it will report until May of 2016 -

Discharged through Bankruptcy Chapter 7.

This update makes it looks like it's fresh and it's still not showing as being included in the bankruptcy. I think I just took 3 steps backwards so I'm not feeling good about this. How can I get this corrected? Do I have to redispute it? Maybe goto the bank (they are local) and speak to someone to have it listed correctly?  

Thanks! 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How do I fix this (old foreclosure dispute gone wrong)?

Discharge of a debt, be it by way of payment, cancelletion, or BK, relates to the ultimate status of the debt.

The creditor is required to update their reporting to show a current debt balance of $0.

However, discharge of a debt does not remove the prior history of the account.  Reporting of derogs that occured prior to the discharge can remain, as their accuracy is not affected by the ultimate status of the debt, be it discharged or unpaid.

You can request the creditor to delete based on their good-will.  It is usually difficulat to invoke good-will from a creditor who has taken a loss on the debt.

Message 2 of 6
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I guess I was to flustered when I wrote that this morning. I know that the history before my BK won't be erased. My concern is the account reported ND for close to 5 years and now has an F for foreclosed listed for this month. To me it's making the account look like it was a recent foreclosure and it's listed as going to report for an additional 4 years because of the update. Is it being reported accurately? I believe it should be listed as included in the BK.

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 3 of 6
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@masscredit wrote:
I guess I was to flustered when I wrote that this morning. I know that the history before my BK won't be erased. My concern is the account reported ND for close to 5 years and now has an F for foreclosed listed for this month. To me it's making the account look like it was a recent foreclosure and it's listed as going to report for an additional 4 years because of the update. Is it being reported accurately? I believe it should be listed as included in the BK.

If it was included in the bankruptcy, that account should be reported as such with a zero balance. If you are sure that it was included in your bankruptcy, then you would have the papers to prove it. Send a copy to the CRA along with a request to correct the reporting.

Message 4 of 6
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I received a very basic piece of paper from the BK court that said everything was discharged and the date. It didn't have a list of all of the creditors that were included. Is there something more extensive that I can obtain? Something that lists all of the creditors that were part of the BK?

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 5 of 6
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Update - I received a Score Watch message a few minutes ago. Checked to see that the account now says Included in Bankruptcy. That's on my EQ report. I'll see if the account changes on my EX and TU.  The Foreclosure status that I listed above is what was updated on my EX report.  Strange. 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.