Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a BOA ChexSystems removed?

tag
st789
New Contributor

How do I get a BOA ChexSystems removed?

I have a BOA Checking Account from 4 years ago that is being reported for ACCOUNT ABUSE with ChexSystems. The account was PAID IN FULL in 2010 and is scheduled to come off next year. I spoke with the BOA Card Services Department at 1-877-253-3511 and they refused to remove it. Does anybody here have any contacts to help me get this removed? I could have sworn I read on here about a $25 fee I could pay to get this off. When I brought this up to BOA and even to the supervisor, they said they never heard of that. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: How do I get a BOA ChexSystems removed?

There was sort of a 'scam' going around a while ago.  Once you're in CHEX, it's difficult to get a removal unless it's fraud.

BOA should have provided you with a letter stating that the account has been paid and is now at a zero balance.  This letter can be instrumental in your opening a new checking account. 

CHEX is five years and you may have to wait that out.  I'm doing a bit of research for you to see what else is available to you.

Message 2 of 4
st789
New Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

There was sort of a 'scam' going around a while ago.  Once you're in CHEX, it's difficult to get a removal unless it's fraud.

BOA should have provided you with a letter stating that the account has been paid and is now at a zero balance.  This letter can be instrumental in your opening a new checking account. 

CHEX is five years and you may have to wait that out.  I'm doing a bit of research for you to see what else is available to you.

Fish thanks man. I've read several of the old threads and I haven't found much luck besides some goodwill and a $25 dollar fee that some paid to get it removed. But nothing specific to BOA. 

Message 3 of 4
st789
New Contributor

bump.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.