cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a late removed once I have a letter from HSBC?

tag
BS3
New Contributor

How do I get a late removed once I have a letter from HSBC?

I rcvd a letter from HSBC Jan 19, 2013 saying they recieved my credit bureau dispute regarding my Orchard Bank Visa account.  I sent a GW letter to them.  The letter states that they are currently reporting my Account to all relevant major consumer reporting agencies as follows:  Open account with a balance of XXX and no past due payments as of the date of this letter.   This is still showing up on my credit report as a 30 day late.  I have called the number on the letter & to explain that it hasnt been removed, but I cant get anywhere.  They dont seem to understand because they do not remove lates, blah, blah.  How can I get this removed? Do I need to send a letter back to HSBC stating that the late is still showing up on my CR?  Appreciate any feed back.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BS3
New Contributor

Re: How do I get a late removed once I have a letter from HSBC?

bump

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How do I get a late removed once I have a letter from HSBC?

If the credtior is acknowledging that the account was not delinquent, then they have a statutory obligation under FCRA 623(a)(2) to promptly update their reporting with the CRA so as to reflect the current accuracy of the reporting.  They cannot just let inaccurate reporting remain uncorrected.

I would call and remind them of their statutory obligation.  

If informal attempts drag on, then file a direct dispute with them under FCRA 623(a)(8), with the inaccuracy being their failure to have complied with section 623(a)(2).

That will require them to either verify, correct or delete within 30 days of the direct dispute.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.