cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get resolved settlements off my credit? Can I remove a judgement paid as agreed?????

tag
syuri89

How do I get resolved settlements off my credit? Can I remove a judgement paid as agreed?????

Hello I am 23 and have 3 things on my credit I would like to try to have removed but I need advice.

I got 3credit cards as soon as I turned 18 and had some late payments.

they defaulted but have since been paid off and settled.

One was for capitol one a $500 credit card I ended up paying $877 to settle.

Apprently the collections officer told me to pay the amount agreed or they would file a judgement against me 2011.

So of course I paid, only to find out recently that on my credit is a judgement from capitol one from june 1, 2010 in the amount of $715.

Can any of this stuff be removed now that I have paid and settled them?

Also any tips to boost my scores?

Ex:609

TU:611

EQ:571

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: How do I get resolved settlements off my credit? Can I remove a judgement paid as agreed?????

Where did you get your scores?

If the accounts are settled you can try a GW.

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How do I get resolved settlements off my credit? Can I remove a judgement paid as agreed?????

The second you paid the debt, they no longer had an actionable debt upon which to file a civil action or obtain a court order for its payment.

Judges dont order consumers to pay non-existent debt.

So, as I see it, the important dates are when the debt was paid, when any civil action was brought, and how the creditor supported, in their action, that there was an outstanding debt.

I would contact the office of the clerk of the judgment court, and get a copy of the complete record of the trial, including their showing of how you were served notice of the proceeding, and clear record that a judgment was actually obtained.  I would suspect you might find serious deficiency in that record, if it even exists.

Message 3 of 7
syuri89

I got the reports from a feature bank of america offers called my privacy source it gives you quarterly credit reports.

Message 4 of 7
syuri89

Apparently it says the Judgement was filed June 1st 2010 for $715.

As far as I recall I never recieved anything from Capitol One.

I paid $877 to them oct 26 2011.

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@syuri89 wrote:

I got the reports from a feature bank of america offers called my privacy source it gives you quarterly credit reports.

Those scores aren't FICO scores and no lenders use them. 

Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1 llecs.    Plus I would look into where the judgement was awarded and contact the court there to see if they have a process for vacating the judgement.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.