k24
New Visitor

How do I get rid of medical collection reports on my credit score?

I have 2 medical collection reports on my credit score, one is from a year ago and one is from 6 months ago. If I am to pay these off, is there any way to get them deleted from my report? They are with the same collection agency.Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: How do I get rid of medical collection reports on my credit score?

k24 wrote:

I have 2 medical collection reports on my credit score, one is from a year ago and one is from 6 months ago. If I am to pay these off, is there any way to get them deleted from my report? They are with the same collection agency.Thanks!

i have found med col easy to get removed your could try a PFD or a GW letter....since mine were already paid i had to take the GW route and within 2 weeks of sending the GW the were off of my CR

ccpics2.jpg
Valued Contributor

Since you have not paid them yet, I would call or write them and ask for a PFD, but make sure you get in writing any agreement that you come to before paying one cent.

Best of Luck.

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

New Contributor

beb86

I am trying to get a paid medical collections off my account. I already spoke to a supervisor at the CA, but they said they are not able to delete the information my credit report. I just wanted to ask you... Before you sent out your GWs, did you speak to someone about deleting the TL from your CR?

Regular Contributor

Follow the HIPPA process...

1st - Opt-Out

2nd - Pre-HIPPA Letter to CRA's

Starting: 547 +Score EX, 541 MyFico EQ,562 MyFico TU (Dec 2nd)

Current: 736 FCR "EX" (Nov. 5th), 668 MyFico "EQ" (Nov. 5th), 748 MyFico "TU" (Nov. 5th)

CC: BB&T $2,500 CL 3/2013, BarclayCard $3,000 CL 4/2013, WellsFargo $300 CL 7/2012 & Cap1 $451 CL 5/2012

Goal Score: 800's Rank
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.