k24
New Visitor
k24

How do I get rid of medical collection reports on my credit score?

I have 2 medical collection reports on my credit score, one is from a year ago and one is from 6 months ago. If I am to pay these off, is there any way to get them deleted from my report? They are with the same collection agency.Thanks!

Valued Contributor
beb86

Re: How do I get rid of medical collection reports on my credit score?

k24 wrote:

I have 2 medical collection reports on my credit score, one is from a year ago and one is from 6 months ago. If I am to pay these off, is there any way to get them deleted from my report? They are with the same collection agency.Thanks!

i have found med col easy to get removed your could try a PFD or a GW letter....since mine were already paid i had to take the GW route and within 2 weeks of sending the GW the were off of my CR

ccpics2.jpg
Valued Contributor
Mustanglvr2006

Since you have not paid them yet, I would call or write them and ask for a PFD, but make sure you get in writing any agreement that you come to before paying one cent.

Best of Luck.

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

New Contributor
improvedcredit

beb86

I am trying to get a paid medical collections off my account. I already spoke to a supervisor at the CA, but they said they are not able to delete the information my credit report. I just wanted to ask you... Before you sent out your GWs, did you speak to someone about deleting the TL from your CR?

Regular Contributor
Fresh101

Follow the HIPPA process...

1st - Opt-Out

2nd - Pre-HIPPA Letter to CRA's

Starting: 547 +Score EX, 541 MyFico EQ,562 MyFico TU (Dec 2nd)

Current: 736 FCR "EX" (Nov. 5th), 668 MyFico "EQ" (Nov. 5th), 748 MyFico "TU" (Nov. 5th)

CC: BB&T $2,500 CL 3/2013, BarclayCard $3,000 CL 4/2013, WellsFargo $300 CL 7/2012 & Cap1 $451 CL 5/2012

Goal Score: 800's Rank

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}