Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get this fixed? Paid in Full Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get this fixed? Paid in Full Letter

I have a credit card that was charged off in 2007 from First Premier Bank.  It was in the amount of $515 and that is what was reported on my credit report.  

FP assigned it to a collection agency and they sent me notices.  They screwed up.  They sent me a letter that said my account would be considered paid in full for a payment of $51.00.  So I jumped on this and paid the $51.00.  They in turn sent me a letter that stated my account has been paid in full and I was no longer liable for this debt.

All is great I got a super cheap settlement.  First Premier updated my credit report and put the balance to zero.  Then in November First Premier caught THEIR mistake and put it back on my credit report for $464.  They just deducted the $51.00 payment.  

This to me is totally unfair.  While I get it was a mistake on their part, they sent me a letter that said I paid this account in full, it is not my fault they are stupid and careless.  TransUnion and Experian agreed and completely deleted First Premier from my credit report.

The problem is Equifax.  I send letters will all my back up to each of the credit bureaus when I contact them.  I don't do anything online.  Equifax takes my letters as me filing a dispute and then they verfiy the debt and say it is valid and ok on my credit report.

I am not disputing this debt.  I have satisfied it in full.  How do I get Equifax to fix my credit report?  To me this is a violation of FCRA and should have to be removed from my credit report for reporting a incorrect entry.  I have reworded my letters and highlighted all areas that say "Paid in Full."  They still will not correct it.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I get this fixed? Paid in Full Letter

Same exact thing happened to me...I curious to hear what people think.  Did your account ever go to collections?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I get this fixed? Paid in Full Letter

Hi Millie23,

Just my thoughts....but there are those with more experience that may have prcise directions for you to take.

I would send a certified letter to the CA stating that they must contact the OC and request that it be deleted off your Equfax CR.. or state zero balance...PAID IN FULL within 30 days or you will file in court.

Also do the same with OC.....let them know you will sue for cost of court, summons fees, attorney fees, and acquire any federal funds due. It's much easier for them to just change it. They hired or sold your account to that CA of which you have a letter stating so. Good for you!

Several of mine required clear intent to sue (as last resort) with a quote of any FDCPA or FCRA rules where you are awarded up to $1000 for each infraction.

Also send certified letter to CRA  stating FCRA infractions and possible charges will apply if not corrected by....date.

Good luck

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.