Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I go about takign care of this?

tag
TJW815

How do I go about takign care of this?

Hello,

I pulled my credit report from equifax. I have 2 capital one accounts that are showing deliquent/ charge off. ( accounts have been open since 2010, deliquents have happened over the past year or so)

The first account has a blance of $873. The lady I spoke to said that account has been sent to a collection aganecy ( First Source, 1-800-741-8860)

The Second account has a balance of $623 and has not been giving to a collection agency.

Im needing to know I go about getting these accounts cleared and showing a positive tradeline ( no lates)  or even being deleted. Im not sure what steps I need to take.

Thanks for any and all help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How do I go about takign care of this?

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Chances are that you'll never be able to get them to show as a positive TL if already CO'd. If the first TL is showing a balance of $873, then they haven't sold the debt and only assigned it to a CA. Ignore the CA. Send the OC reporting the $873 a PFD letter. If they agree in writing, then pay it and they'll delete.

For the 2nd, same thing. Send a PFD. If they agree it writing then pay it and they'll delete.

If either/both reject your PFD attempts after several tries, then I'd just pay it off and then send GW letters to them at a later date.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.