Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I handle this ??

tag
lylesvegas
Contributor

How do I handle this ??

Got a call from Allied llc about a Citi card that charged off in 1992. I told the guy it was over the SOL but he disagreed. I am in Tennessee, thanks for the help....

Amex BCE...Amex ED...Barclay WMC...Priceline Rewards Visa...Cap One Venture...Total Rewards Visa...Wells Fargo Visa...Discover IT...Pay Pal Smart Connect...Overstock Store Card...Lowe's Store Card

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
aces33
New Contributor

Re: How do I handle this ??

1992? a 20 year old debt? Guess the economy isn't recovering like they want us to think. Ignore it.

Message 2 of 5
lylesvegas
Contributor

LOl.... That is what I was thinking. Any chance it could hit my CR ?

Amex BCE...Amex ED...Barclay WMC...Priceline Rewards Visa...Cap One Venture...Total Rewards Visa...Wells Fargo Visa...Discover IT...Pay Pal Smart Connect...Overstock Store Card...Lowe's Store Card

Message 3 of 5
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

Not sure what Tennessee's SOL is but I can bet its no where near being more than 20+ years for CC debt.  Smiley Wink

I do not have advice on how to handle it, but if the real date of charge off is in 1992, then its too late for them to sue and also way past CRTP for them to enter the collection on your reports.

unpaid debt never goes away. It just gets sold over and over and over again to collectors trying to collect.

ETA: If it was me, and I decided not to pay it, I would just send the collector a DV and C&D letter.

Message 4 of 5
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

you can settle for a dollar lol. They porbably paid like nothing for it. They can not report to credit bureaus being that old.

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.