cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know what to pay first and what to let fall off?

tag
SSH0126
Established Contributor

How do I know what to pay first and what to let fall off?

Collections

A collection is reported on your credit report when a business turns over an unpaid account to a collection agency. One collection can hurt your FICO® score and several collections can severely hurt your FICO® score.

Collection on debt to:

The collection agency "178YC00000" was hired to collect a debt of $51 on account number "XXXXXXXX".

Collection agency [?]Original balance [?]Current balance [?]Date assigned [?]Account number [?]Account holder [?]Account descriptions [?]
178YC00000
$51
$51
Dec, 2011
XXXXXXXX
Individual
Medical
Collection on debt to:

The collection agency "578YC00000" was hired to collect a debt of $264 on account number"XXXXXXXXXXXX4953".

Collection agency [?]Original balance [?]Current balance [?]Date assigned [?]Account number [?]Account holder [?]Account descriptions [?]
578YC00000
$264
$264
Mar, 2010
XXXXXXXXXXXX4953
Individual
Consumer disputes this account information
Medical
Collection on debt to:

The collection agency "401YC00000" was hired to collect a debt of $129 on account number "XXXXXXXX".

401YC00000
$129
$129
Sep, 2011
XXXXXXXX
Individual
Medical
Collection on debt to:

The collection agency "401YC00000" was hired to collect a debt of $244 on account number "XXXXXXXX".

401YC00000
$244
$244
Sep, 2011
XXXXXXXX
Individual
Medical
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How do I know what to pay first and what to let fall off?

Send DVs to each CA. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD.

ETA...per falling off, you need to know when CRTP is up, and of course that's based on the DOFD of the debt. If falling off soon, then that's your call to sit it out or pursue it. IMO, if it were mine, I'd pursue PFDs now even if it were to fall off very soon. Even after it disappears, they can collect forever and the balances are small anyway. Less to worry about in the future.

Message 2 of 3
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Re: How do I know what to pay first and what to let fall off?

llecs I PMed you. I could not post my accounts on here because the message excedded 20k characters

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.