Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I pay this off in payments?

tag
php111
Regular Contributor

How do I pay this off in payments?

Hey:

How do I pay this off in payments? And would I be able to do this online? These 2 negative items and the copy/paste is from my Experian report.

CONVERGENT OUTSOURCING

Address: 800 SW 39TH ST
RENTON, WA 98057
(800) 444-8485
Original Creditor:
SPRINT

Collection account $778 past due as of Nov 2014.

Date Opened:
03/2012
Date of Status:
01/2014
Reported Since:
01/2014
Late Reported Date:
11/2014
Type:
Collection
Terms:
1 Months
Monthly Payments:
$0
Responsibility:
Individual
Credit Limit:
$778
High Balance:
N/A
Recent Balance:
$778
Recent Payment:
$0

Account History:
Collection as of Nov 2014, May 2014, Jan 2014

Your Statement:
N/A

VERIZON

Address:

PO BOX 5029
WALLINGFORD, CT 06492
(877) 325-5156

Account charged off. $1,988 written off. $1,988 past due as of Aug 2014.

Date Opened:
01/2010
Date of Status:
09/2012
Reported Since:
03/2011
Last Reported Date:
08/2014
Type:
Utility
Terms:
1 Months
Monthly Payment:
$0
Responsibility:
Individual
Credit Limit:
N/A
High Balance:
N/A
Recent Balance:
$1,988
Recent Payment:
$0

Account History:
Charge Off as of Aug 2014, Jun 2014, May 2014, Mar 2014, Feb 2014, Dec 2013, Nov 2013, Sep 2013, Aug 2013, Jun 2013, Apr 2013, Mar 2013, Jan 2013, Dec 2012, Oct 2012, Sep 2012
Collection as of Sep 2011, Mar 2011

Balance History - The following data will appear in the following format:
account balance/date payment received/scheduled payment amount/actual amount paid
Oct 2012: $1,988/no data/no data/no data

Your Statement:
Account closed at consumer's request.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I pay this off in payments?

Contact the phone number that listed on the report and settle with them.  If you admit all these collection is really your ask the creditor to settle for PFD, meaning make a deal with them. Tell them if you paid these in FULL the creditor have to delete those negative off from your file. Dont take their verbal agreement, have them send you a letter stated that they will remove those negative from your file after being paid in FULL as agreed.

Message 2 of 14
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Let's start with Verizon. If that account hasn't gone to collections, then offer a PFD NOW (assuming you have the money). If you want do it with installment payments, make sure you get it in writing that when all the payments are done, they will delete the negative informaiton.

The Sprint account has gone to collections, so again start with a PFD (Pay For Delete) with Convergenent. If they won't budge go back to Sprint and see if they have sold the debt and Convergenent is just servicing it for them or they bought the debt outright. If Sprint still owns it, offer a PFD and if course get it in writing if they take it.

If Convergenent won't budge, keep bugging them. Keep going up the food chain until you reach the CEO. 

In the meantime, without knowing what else is going on with your credit report(s) I can't offer any additional suggestions. The basics however are keep your balances low and your utilization under 9% so you don't cause yourself any more problems.

I read somewhere that small collections (under $100) don't impact your score that much, so you might want to keep that in mind.

Message 3 of 14
php111
Regular Contributor

I do not have the money to pay either one of them in full.

The Convergent one, with calling the number listed on my report, they will not answer meaning it goes straight to voicemail.

What else on my Experian report would you like to know about?

Message 4 of 14
php111
Regular Contributor

Bump:

Message 5 of 14
php111
Regular Contributor

That Verizon Charged Off account is on my Experian Credit Report but not Equifax.

Message 6 of 14
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

@php111 wrote:

I do not have the money to pay either one of them in full.

The Convergent one, with calling the number listed on my report, they will not answer meaning it goes straight to voicemail.

What else on my Experian report would you like to know about?

Here's Convergent's BBB information. Try the numbers listed on there to see if you get a human being. 

I personally don't want to know anything else about your report Smiley Happy that said, make sure your information is correct across all three of your reports. If you have credit cards, pay down the balances to below 50% but idealy below 30%.

If you need more money, I may have a suggestion, send me a PM.

Message 7 of 14
php111
Regular Contributor

Thank you! But I only seen the one number on the BBB Information site and the number I seen is (425) 643-3111.

Message 8 of 14
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

@php111 wrote:

That Verizon Charged Off account is on my Experian Credit Report but not Equifax.

Experian seems to be used more often than the others, but at the same time, everybody at some point will access your credit on one of the three reports. It's best to have all issues fixed.

If you have the money to pay Verizon, setup a payment plan and make sure you get pay for delete in writing. You want to keep this account out of collections because some collection agencies will not take a Pay In Full and Delete or Pay For Delete and will only be removed after seven years it stops reporting.

Message 9 of 14
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

You didn't click "additional numbers"? There are six additional numbers listed.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.