cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I petition for an early removal of a CC debt that occurred 7 years?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I petition for an early removal of a CC debt that occurred 7 years?

Hi- back in 2007 I ran into some financial difficulties dur to unemployment. I was unable to make my CC payments and fell 90 days behind. My CC holder/ issuer didn;t report this until May or April 2008, however, so it's not aged off yet. I have heard that you can petition for early removal of items like this. Does anyone have experience with this? We'd love to get our credit cleaned up for a first home purchase before then.

Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How do I petition for an early removal of a CC debt that occurred 7 years?

FCRA 605(a) mandates the exclusion of a monthly delinquency no later than 7 years from its date of occurrence, regardless of when the creditor chose to report it.

If it was reported in April/May 2008, then it is past the 7 year exclusion period.  Thus, it would appear that it has already exceeded its credit report exclusion period.

What is the date of the delinquency as shown in your payment history profile?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I petition for an early removal of a CC debt that occurred 7 years?

Thank you. I just realized I goofed - it was first delinquent in 2008 (Oct/ Nov.) and reported in 2009. 

Also, I can't figure out how to access my past payment history on myfico going back that far. Is that even possibler and if so, how?

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.