cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I prove Im NOT in bankruptcy?!

tag
Germz

How do I prove Im NOT in bankruptcy?!

I am currently battling with Commodity bank over an account they have on file that reports on my TU report that its closed due to bankruptcy. I called them and tried talking with them and they said this is my account since its under my social security number and this information seems accurate. I had an account with them that is still under the SOL should techincally drop off within the next 2 years but itsnt listed on my report. The account that is listed is a totally different credit card limit than that of what I had. I am being told that I need to show proof that, the account is innaccurate an that im not in bankruptcy. 

Should I file a fraud report? I mean the accoutn seriously isnt mine, although... I do have an account which was settled with them that isnt being reported. I dont want to come off as a sleezball but at the same time I dont want incorrect information on my CR especially one that claims anything about bankruptcy.

Starting Score: EX: 602, EQ: 610, TU 598 (08/27/2013)
Current Score: EX: 659, EQ: 696, TU: 665 (09/10/2013)
Fico: 667
Goal Score: 750
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: How do I prove Im NOT in bankruptcy?!

If it isn't yours, file an FTC Fraud Affidavit and police report.  Send them to the CRAs and have them block the account.

Send them also, to the OC and ask for any and all documentation they have on the account.

Message 2 of 8
Germz

I was going to do exactly what you said after reading alot of other threads until something unexpectedly happened. I got a call from the department I called from commodity bank. The person that called me was responding to a message left to them by a fellow co-worker of his. He looked into the issue and I explaned the situation to him. I told him the entire truth about that not being my account but I did have an account with them that is not listed etc. The person asked to put me on hold for around 2-3 minutes. I agreed, upon his return he told me. Sir, I looked into the matter for you and your correct that was not your account listed under bankruptcy, so I will promptly report this inaccuracy to the 3 credit reporting agencys. Now as for the matter of my real account that isnt listed, he said honesty goes a long way and since this bankruptcy was listed on my CR incorrectly for such a long time, he calls it even and is not reporting this. He already sent me a confirmation of this via email and Ill recieve a hard copy via mail. within the next week.

WOW is all I have to say. Totally unexpected and I am still somewhat speechless.

Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Congratulations. You must have been very nice to them during your communications. That is so very important. Bravo!

Message 5 of 8
Germz

Thank you guys, I was VERY nice to them and tried to kill them with kindness. Luckily it worked! Im beyond excited!

Message 6 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The funny thing is if you had filed BK, all of your accounts would have shown IIB, not just one of them.

Message 7 of 8
monieleazenby
Established Member

If you email me I will give you my attorney's phone number she will sue for you for free and go after the credit report agency that is adding this to your credit. Let me know because I had a bankruptcy on my credit report for 9 years and it wasn't mine, I'm just starting the law suite now it should take a year, I was told by my attorney that it can take up to 6-9 month's just to get that off your credit. You won't have to pay a dime for the lawyer. Let me know if this helps

Monie

Starting Score: 591
Current Score: 480
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.