cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I rebuild credit while in Chapter 13 BK???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I rebuild credit while in Chapter 13 BK???

Hello,

I recently filed chapter 13 in feburary of this year and its has been difficult to deal with. I was told that I could potentially buy a home with the first two years of my bankruptcy as long as I made successful timely payments to the trustee and get my FICO score up above 620. Well in my BK I had to include my Capital One credit cards, Merrick Bank, and Credit one and now I can't seem to get any credit anywhere. I opened a self lender account which boosted my score about 30 points once reported, so I will continue to pay that within a timely manner. Could anyone else advise on ways I can boost my credit and start rebuilding while in the BK? 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: How do I rebuild credit while in Chapter 13 BK???

Have you received Trustee approval to begin opening new tradelines already? You can try Open Sky

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!
I have emailed my attorney and he has not been responsive at all as to what I should do. Fromwhat I’ve been told small amounts should be ok but I have not been given trustee approval... should I for a secured card?
Message 3 of 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Typically you need trustee approval for new accounts, but some district's only require it when the account is over a certain dollar amount.  I would definitely confirm your district's requirements before opening any additional accounts.  Does the attorney have a paralegal?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

He does have a paralegal. I will ask her for assistance.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.