cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove old addresses/ employers from Credit Reports?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I remove old addresses/ employers from Credit Reports?

Hello there-  in the process of looking carefully at reports, I see a lot of very, very old addresses listed (as in 20 years old!).  Also inaacurate employment history.

How do I get these removed?  Do I simply call and ask the CRAs?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I remove old addresses/ employers from Credit Reports?

You can call or complete their online disputes to have this information removed.

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the addresses you have to send a copy of your license and ssn with a utility bill to the CRAs. If you haven't lived at your current address for at least 2 years they will leave your previous address on the reports too. Not sure about the employment part.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea you can do either way but I think calling is easier if you have the time to wait on hold (if necessary). I just did this for me, my bf and friend. TU will let you request to delete on the basis that it's old or incorrect and it isn't too bad; EQ lets you dispute too but requires you send in a copy of your license and social to process the removal as opposed to asking a rep to have it deleted. EX though wants you to dispute and the closest option to old is "not lived there" and sometimes it won't let you remove addresses. My friend had tons of old addresses on hers and it let me dispute most but one it just wouldn't. And then on mine it showed my current address twice, one with and one without my apt number so I had to call and have a rep update to just reflect the one with the apt #. I mean either way is good but I found calling just a little easier. I'd ask to remove all but your last 2 addresses and employers. Good luck.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

But be careful using the 'not lived there' dispute, it can cause the bureaus to put a fraud alert on your reports.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea that's why I say that for EX. I felt more comfortable for them at least calling in and requesting removal. This may sound horrible but EX has US based reps so it was a lot easier to get them removed by calling than say EQ. Plus for some reason I can never access my EX report online without tons of hassle so I kinda had no choice but to call.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!  I think I'll call on Monday to the three CRAs and see what I can do just via phone.

I can't dispute anything, technically, right now as we are in the mortgage process, but maybe if I just ask nicely (same as I did for dispute removals), someone will help.

I'll update next week.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.