Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I report the CRA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I report the CRA

RJM has an item for some book club on my report.  I disputed this with Equifax and they say it has been verified.

This item is not mine and I would like to know how they "verified" this.  Who do I contact to do this.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I report the CRA

Anyone?
Message 2 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

You should send a DV letter to RJM.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:
You should send a DV letter to RJM.

I did.  Havent heard back yet.  It will be 30 days on the 5th, so I still have some time.  I am just wondering how the CRA get away with "verifying" false information.  Or should I say false verifying.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the EXACT same scenario.. Well, on my wife's credit report but here's how I resolved it:

Go to the New York BBB website (http://www.newyork.bbb.org/), look up the company, "RJM ACQUISITIONS" and submit the following dispute:

RJM ACQUISITIONS is currently reporting a listing on my credit report from a debt allegedly owed to "DOUBLEDAY BOOK CLUB" with an account number listed as "###" via my Experian Credit Report. I have never received a collection notice from RJM Acquisitions and have made repeated attempts to contact them to validate this debt, though I have never done business with "Doubleday Book Club" nor have I ever heard of them. RJM Acquisitions is in violation of the FDCPA and FCRA by not sending me a dunning letter, refusing to validate my debt when requested and I am currently disputing the negative item through Experian's dispute process.

Desired Outcome: I demand that this item be deleted from my credit report as I have done no business with Double Day Book Club and RJM Acquisitions is currently in violation of the FDCPA and FCRA by reporting this inaccurate listing which is negatively impacting my credit report and credit worthiness.

And as a result, I received the following response:

Company states:  Based on Mrs. Mays claim that she has never did business with the Doubleday Book Club, RJM Acquisitions LLC has closed the account number ###.  In addition, an update was sent to the credit bureaus to which RJM Acquisitions LLC reports instructing them to delete the RJM Acquisitions LLC tradeline pertaining to the BMG Music Club account.  In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, a credit reporting agency has up to 45 days to update any changes.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had the EXACT same scenario.. Well, on my wife's credit report but here's how I resolved it:

Go to the New York BBB website (http://www.newyork.bbb.org/), look up the company, "RJM ACQUISITIONS" and submit the following dispute:

RJM ACQUISITIONS is currently reporting a listing on my credit report from a debt allegedly owed to "DOUBLEDAY BOOK CLUB" with an account number listed as "###" via my Experian Credit Report. I have never received a collection notice from RJM Acquisitions and have made repeated attempts to contact them to validate this debt, though I have never done business with "Doubleday Book Club" nor have I ever heard of them. RJM Acquisitions is in violation of the FDCPA and FCRA by not sending me a dunning letter, refusing to validate my debt when requested and I am currently disputing the negative item through Experian's dispute process.

Desired Outcome: I demand that this item be deleted from my credit report as I have done no business with Double Day Book Club and RJM Acquisitions is currently in violation of the FDCPA and FCRA by reporting this inaccurate listing which is negatively impacting my credit report and credit worthiness.

Company states:  Based on Mrs. Mays claim that she has never did business with the Doubleday Book Club, RJM Acquisitions LLC has closed the account number ###.  In addition, an update was sent to the credit bureaus to which RJM Acquisitions LLC reports instructing them to delete the RJM Acquisitions LLC tradeline pertaining to the BMG Music Club account.  In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, a credit reporting agency has up to 45 days to update any changes.

Thank You....I will try this.  

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank You....I will try this.  

Still waiting on a reply from the BBB and the company.

Message 7 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you want "a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completness of the information," you make such a request under FCRA 611(a)(B)(iiii). 
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What many don't understand is that the CRA does not verify the debt is legit. They verify that what they are reporting is what is being reported to them by the CA/OC.

DV is what is used to verify the debt.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.