Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do i PFD

sorry this may be a stupid question but how do i PFD?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do i PFD

maguff wrote:
sorry this may be a stupid question but how do i PFD?

Do you mean what do you write? How do you send it? What?  No question is stupid.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

all of the above what do i do. what is pay for deletion? who does it? what do i write? who do i write to? who do i pay? and how much?
Message 3 of 8
aftermath
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
all of the above what do i do. what is pay for deletion? who does it? what do i write? who do i write to? who do i pay? and how much?

Pay for deletion is a negotiation letter you write the creditor. Basically you offer to pay the full amount as long as they promise to erase the account off of your credit reports.

Be nice, courteous and formal in your letter, especially if it's the original creditor. Don't be demanding, or they will just put the letter through a paper shredder.

Hope this answers your question.
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

maguff wrote:
all of the above what do i do.

what is pay for deletion?

An offer of compromise to pay the debt in exchange for deletion from your credit report.

who does it?

You write it and send it to whomever is reporting on your credit report, the OC or CA.

what do i write?

There is a sample PFD here-

who do i write to?

To whomever is reporting on your credit report.

who do i pay?

Whomever owns your debt and is reporting on your credit report.

and how much?

Since you asking for them to do you a favor, it is generally a good idea to offer 100% but some don't.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

will most agencies accept a PFD? if i were to do one PFD......what kind of point change could I expect? I have some accounts that show the last activity was in 2003.....should i wait for it to drop off...or do the PFD? also......a couple of my accounts that have been charged off...I no longer hear from them anymore.....should I contact the creditor & do the PFD? thanks so much!
Message 6 of 8
ladyvg270
Regular Contributor

do you suppose to pay off the one's that are about to be deleted off or no just let it be deleted off?  Also when they are deleted off sense they are very old do i get a score increase?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i sent the DV they got it but said they sent me original documents from the OC and that there not out of business. what do i do now?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.