Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do remove BOA chargeoff from CRA's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do remove BOA chargeoff from CRA's

Hi all, 

Wondering if their is a way to get an old Bank of America chargeoff removed from my reports.  It is a loc from them that was opened in 2002 and charged off in 2011.  The amount of the chargeoff is 6675.  I think it may have been actually a business loc.  I have seen a couple posts where members have had BoA removed by filing complaints with the BBB.  It is well beyond the Statute of Limitations for where I live.  I remember reading that BoA had been removed accounts as goodwill gestures for many people because of some mishandling of accounts. (Something to do with corrrectly reported accounts included in Bankruptcies.  IIRC.)

So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

My plan was to pay this or at least settle it as it is my last CO with a balance ( all the rest have bee PIF or settled).  Don't have the cash saved up just yet and I know even when I pay it will just changed to O balance Chargeoff.  

I probably will stay pay them eventually but would be nice for it to no longer be reported.  

Thanks again in advance

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How do remove BOA chargeoff from CRA's

If the debt is legit and the reporting is accurate, the normal procedure is to make them a pay for deletion offer.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. That won't work with boa. Plus don't have the funds saved at the moment. Just wondering if I could get lucky with a deletion for inaccurate reporting because of all the other posts I've read. I plan on going back later and paying them. Like I hv all the others I've owed.
Message 3 of 6
crrredit
Established Contributor

I had a BOA charge off removed because of the NY court case settlement. They removed accounts that they had sold since 2007. If your account is still showing a balance, then they probably haven't sold it yet. The reported reason for removal was they didn't want accounts they had sold turning up in future bankruptcies, due to the issues they had in not correctly reporting accounts that were part of bankruptcies. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I emailed a goodwill letter to the CEO of BOA earlier this week. Today, I received a phone call from one of their representatives denying my request to have a charge off removed. I've made several attempts in the last few years without any luck. I read about their settlement, but wasn't aware that you could get charge offs removed because of it. How did you get your charge off removed? I'm hoping you would be able to help me with my sitatution since you were successful in getting your charge off removed.  I've exhausted every outlet and attempt at rehabbing this sitution, but I've reached no where with this. I almost lost all hope until I came across your post and I hope you will be willing to help me with this as well. Congrats again on your success with BOA! Thank you.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Their voluntary policy to delete charge-offs only applies when they have sold the debt.

The prior court case involved the failure to update status from charge-off to discharged in BK.

They consented to remove the CO from accounts that were discharged under BK.

They voluntarily stated that they would additionally delete the CO if they sold the debt.

That decision was made to remove the issue of any subsequent BK on the debt, and thus it then falling under their obligation to remove the CO.

If they sell the debt, they wont know of its subsequent status, and thus decided to just remove the CO the same as if it had been discharged under BK.

If they still own the debt, it does not apply.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.