Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do things age?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do things age?

My 150 day delinquencies with Sallie Mae are about 10 months old.  Does my credit score improve slightly with each passing month as the delinquencies age, or will there be a small 'jump' in score when they have aged a full year?  Does anyone know just how aging works?  ALSO... I have heard the term "rebucketed"...what does that mean?  Thanks for your thoughts.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do things age?

Yep-
You should go up a few points every month with clean payments
I saw a little bump at 12 months and I am eagerly awaiting my 2 year mark.

heather76 wrote:
My 150 day delinquencies with Sallie Mae are about 10 months old.  Does my credit score improve slightly with each passing month as the delinquencies age, or will there be a small 'jump' in score when they have aged a full year?  Does anyone know just how aging works?  ALSO... I have heard the term "rebucketed"...what does that mean?  Thanks for your thoughts.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info...know anything about rebucketing?  Is that a real thing, and if so, what is it?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebucketing=

There are currently 10 "Buckets or scorecards-
2 negative and 8 positive-

It breaks up peers based on similar characteristics

Age of file, applying for credit, public record, collections,
How you are assigned to the group is VERY  unknown and treated as a FICO trade secret- so there is no documentation .
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahhhh  I see....or rather I don't see.....hahaha!  In other words, I shouldn't bother troubling myself with this, I suppose.  Thanks!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.