cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do unresponsive creditors keep their items on credit reports?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do unresponsive creditors keep their items on credit reports?

I was currently doing that myself sending out a series of  Lawyer prepared dispute letters and sending them certified.  I actually got some deleted on my own.  I will give Lexington law a few months to see if they can get the Judgement removed.  I actually got one removed on my own with the letters.  I had sent the 3rd series of letters before I started with them last Friday. I informed them of that.   I told them I would not send anymore letters to give them a try..  I will keep you posted.  Lexington did provide me with auto preprepared letters to send for hard Queries to be disputed.   We will see how this goes.;

Thank you for your insight,

Charlene

Message 11 of 20
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

As someone previously mentioned they use E-Oscar. When I paid my last CO the CA rep told me to dispute the entry on my cr and the rep that handles E-Oscar wouldn't contest the dispute notification. I followed so and it was immediately removed.
Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 12 of 20
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Credit repair orgnaizations are explictly barred from filing direct disputes on behalf of a consumer, or aiding in the preparation of diect disputes.

If you file a direct dispute with any furnisher that even indicates that it used a form provided by a credit repair organi\ation, it can be dismissed without any investigation.

See 16 CFR 660.4.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you dispute with the E-Oscar?  How do I go about getting that information.  I am fairly new to this credit repair world Smiley Happy.  I currently declined the option to work with a restoration company Lexington Law.  It was weighing heavily on me whether to let them do it or continue on my own if they are doing the exact same thing  I am doing.  Most people were implying that they items returned on credit report after it was deleted and bought by another company.  If that happened people basically wasted money on a quick fixed.

Since adding that Cap One Quick Silver secure line my Fico Score went up 14 points in the last 2 days.

Message 14 of 20
kdeproto

Hey CN,  in your case, I think you've made a good choice in not signing up for Lex Law.  If you've already started working on your OWN credit repair, you would indeed be wasting your money on them.  As mentioned earlier, they are somewhat good at the 'quick fix' but you are correct...  Some items MAY come back even if it's just the creditor renewing their 'claim', not just from selling them to new collection agents.  I was in the same boat; I had items that needed DIRECT communications with the source and working on negotiations and/or settlements.  Be forewarned tho that settling old debt may NOT be in your best interest either tho.  Don't settle unless you HAVE to and make every effort to get an agreement from the CA's to 'remove' items if you settle them (get it in writing).  I successfully negotiated a payment plan to settle a 5k debt that came off my CRs as soon as I finished paying the debt (it was actually listed both as a 'Collection Account' AND a "Judgement".  Big Win for me on that one!

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the feedback.

Update:

I have successful got most of all the items I disputed removed from my credit report.  Equifax updated a judgement on my report as satidified but I am still going after them to remove it.  I was not successful with the GW letters because they did not remove the lat payments but I will continue to try Smiley Happy  MY credit score has jumped 46 points on 2 reports.  I still have to send 2 more final letters to credit agencies regarding the items that were not verified to see if they will remove them.  Student loan was removed as well.  I am extrememly proud of myself and saved myself some money in the process.  I also, but the fire on the creditors as well.  Also, had success in getting Inquiries removed from reports.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good work CN1982!!

Can you share how you were successful having student loans removed?

Thanks!

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdeproto wrote:

I've been working on my own credit repair for at least the last 4 years.  A few years ago, I hired Lexington Law to represent me to clean up several items on my credit reports to accelerate the process of rebuilding my credit AND have done a great deal of my own correspondence work with the same goal.  I've done a great deal of research into how to go about doing so and have learned a lot about how credit, credit reporting and credit repair WORK.  I've managed to get my scores up well over 200 point in the last 3 years and actually sit in the so-called "Good" range (at about 670).

One thing I haven't figured out is HOW items that should be removed from credit reports due to lack of response from the Creditor or Debt holder (and/or Age) STAY on your Credit Reports.

If neither Lexington Law or I could get any kind of response from a Creditor, how do the Bureaus during validation?  If the debts were legitamately 'Validated' by the Bureaus, HOW did THEY do it?

Because I don't have the time right now and need results pretty fast, I've hired CreditRepair.com to help me on this round of remaining debts.  What do I do if I can't get the last few things off my reports?

BTW, Lexington Law did help me a little.  I saw a pretty good return from their efforts but it was costly and I probably could have done most of the work myself if I'd invested the time but they most definitely sped the process up by doing their mail bombardment.  I'm hoping CreditRepair.com muscles some additional results out too, but that remains to be seen.

Very simple answer. A DV must be considered timely, otherwise a collector may simply ignore it. You have thirty days from the time you receive the first notice from a collector for your DV to be considered timely. Simply because they ignore your request for validation (because its not timely) does not mean they ignore the CRA's when an item is disputed. Please, hang around a while and learn how this is REALLY done. And kick the Credit Repair company to the curb. The money is better spent settling and paying for deletions.

Message 18 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:

I have successful got most of all the items I disputed removed from my credit report.  Equifax updated a judgement on my report as satidified but I am still going after them to remove it.  I was not successful with the GW letters because they did not remove the lat payments but I will continue to try Smiley Happy  MY credit score has jumped 46 points on 2 reports.  I still have to send 2 more final letters to credit agencies regarding the items that were not verified to see if they will remove them.  Student loan was removed as well.  I am extrememly proud of myself and saved myself some money in the process.  I also, but the fire on the creditors as well.  Also, had success in getting Inquiries removed from reports.

A judgment cannot be removed by a GW letter, you have to look in your state statutes to see if they allow you to file a motion to vacate on grounds its been paid. Only the court that granted the judgment can vacate it.

Message 19 of 20
kdeproto

I realize this is an old post/thread but I felt compelled to respond to the last note.

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:

A judgment cannot be removed by a GW letter, you have to look in your state statutes to see if they allow you to file a motion to vacate on grounds its been paid. Only the court that granted the judgment can vacate it.

The Judgement from the debt I paid off must have failed some validation test at some point because it simply fell off my CRs but it WAS there for a while and then it wasn't and it wasn't just because of the age.  I suppose you could say I got lucky; yes, I did...  It probably failed because I moved out of state and I was never officially served any papers.  

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.