cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we remove a negative tradeline that is not ours?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do we remove a negative tradeline that is not ours?

My fiance has a debt that we sent a DV to and come to find out its not his. Do we contact the credit bureaus or the CA??? Is there a letter sample that I can sent the CA?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do we remove a negative tradeline that is not ours?

@Anonymous wrote:

My fiance has a debt that we sent a DV to and come to find out its not his. Do we contact the credit bureaus or the CA??? Is there a letter sample that I can sent the CA?

Has the CA admitted that its someone elses debt?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent them a debt validation letter and they responded with a demographic sheet showing his name, but someone else's dob, ssn, emergency contact, address, phone number, etc....i KNOW its not his....

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok I worded that wrong, the demographic sheet wasn't their response, it was INCLUDED in their response.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I sent them a debt validation letter and they responded with a demographic sheet showing his name, but someone else's dob, ssn, emergency contact, address, phone number, etc....i KNOW its not his....

OK, so what you need to do is send them a letter informing them that they are pursuing the wrong person. Include copies of hubbies ID information, DL and SS card, proof of residence (copies of old utility bills,), etc., to establish that he is not the person described in the spreadsheet. If they continue to report it on his credit after a reasonable waiting period (30-60 days), send them an ITS letter.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.